Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2154 Discussions

mpirun does not propagate LD_LIBRARY_PATH

MichaelP1
Beginner

Hi,

with MPI 2021.1 I have the problem that mpirun does not propate the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable. With 2019.6 and 2018.5 I have no problems.

If I use -genv to propagte a variable e.g. called LD_LIBRARY_PATH_1, it works. But LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not available.

I tested on RHEL7 and sles12. Same problem.

Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the details, it will definitely help us to try resolving your issue.

We are looking into this issue and will get back to you as soon as we get any updates.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi Michael,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Please give us more details on your issue, also please give us a small reproducer so as to get more insight into your issue.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos
MichaelP1
Beginner

Hi Abhishek,

it did not work with my application, so I tried to make the example as simple as possible:
(Intel MPI environment set, machinefile with host1:1 + host2:1)

to be sure LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set:

> echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

/share/its/MPI_INSTALLATION/intel_mpi_2021.1/mpi/2021.1.1/lib/release:/share/its/MPI_INSTALLATION/intel_mpi_2021.1/mpi/2021.1.1/lib

> mpirun -machinefile machinefile -n 2 -genv LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH env > env.txt

There is no LD_LIBRARY_PATH in env.txt (but of course many other variables)

> mpirun -machinefile machinefile -n 2 -genv LD_LIBRARY_PATH1=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH env > env.txt

Now I find the variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH1 in the env.txt. All other variables seem to work but not LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

If I try setting e.g. LD_LIBRARY_PATH1 before in the shell that works as well and is evn propagated without explicitly naming it with -genv

Does that help? Do you need more information?

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the details, it will definitely help us to try resolving your issue.

We are looking into this issue and will get back to you as soon as we get any updates.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos
MichaelP1
Beginner

Hi Abhishek,

problem solved. Stupied misstake in the installation. "s" bit on executables and libraries.

Sorry for bothering you.

Best regards,

Michael

0 Kudos