Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.

non commertial product

saeedian
Beginner

hi

I try to download the MPI from the non-commertial product,

but I cant found its page (I know that the commertials is in the menu/softwer products)

Could anybody help me?

tanks in advance

0 Kudos
16 Replies
James_T_Intel
Hi saeedian,

We do not have a non-commercial license for the Intel MPI Library. Depending on your situation, there are some other options available to you.

If you simply need the runtime versions of the Intel MPI Library, these are available for free. In order to obtain the runtime libraries, please visit http://www.intel.com/go/mpi, go to the Resources tab, and select the link for your operating system next to "Download Free Runtime Environment Kit". This will allow you to run programs developed using the Intel MPI Library.

If you need the Intel MPI Library for development purposes, then you will need to purchase a copy. If you are at a qualifying academic institution, there are academic discounts available, and if you are a student, there are student versions available at a heavily discounted price. Please visit http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-academic-developer-program/ for more information on these options.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,
James Tullos
Technical Consulting Engineer
Intel Cluster Tools
0 Kudos
saeedian
Beginner
Thanks James tullos
I decided to get runtime library and I had downlaoded it.
during the installing the package, in the 10th step I chose "2. I want to evaluate my product or activate later" after that Id chose "3. Install evaluation software using a license file".
in the manual say that the license file is attached in the received mail, but I didnt found any thing, and do not know what should I do?
would you help me?
tanx

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel
Hi saeedian,

The Intel MPI Library Runtime Environment should not be asking for a license file, and there should not be one attached to the email you received. Please login to https://registrationcenter.intel.com and verify that you are registered for the correct product. The filename you downloaded should be l_mpi-rt_p_4.0.3.008.tgzin Linux* and w_mpi-rt_p_4.0.3.009.exe in Windows*. Please verify that you have the correct installation file for your system, primarily the "rt" portion of the file. This designates that you have the Runtime Environment as opposed to the full version.

Sincerely,
James Tullos
Intel Cluster Tools
0 Kudos
saeedian
Beginner
hi
thank you for consideration
yes, I had downlaoded l_mpi_p_4.0.3.008.tgz instead of l_mpi-rt_p_4.0.3.008.tgz.
but now I cantfind the page downlaod of l_mpi-rt_p_4.0.3.008.tgz.
where can I find it?
tanx
0 Kudos
James_T_Intel
Hi saeedian,

Please visit http://www.intel.com/go/mpi. On this page, go to the Resources tab (the larger blue one in the lower tab bar, not the smaller grey one in the upper tab bar). On this tab, look in the Downloads section for:

Download Free Runtime Environment Kit: Windows*, Linux*

Please click on the Linux* link here, this will take you to the pageto obtainthe Intel MPI Library Runtime Environment for Linux*.

Please let me know if you need additional assistance.

Sincerely,
James Tullos
Intel Cluster Tools
0 Kudos
saeedian
Beginner
Hi
Thank you James Tullos. I downlaoded the package successfullybut another problem arise!
when I try torun ./install in the l_mpi-rt_p_4.0.3.008 directory, it say"Another instance of the installer has been detected. Please complete the other install and try again" so I erase intel directory , l_fcompxe_intel64_2011.8.273 directory and path of the ifort&icc from .bashrc and eventualy logout.now I cant install even ifort& icc againbecase it give the same error. whatcan I do torepair my Linux? my linux is centOS.
thanks
0 Kudos
Gergana_S_Intel
Employee

Hi saeedian,

We generally recommend that you uninstall any of the Intel Software Tools (e.g. compilers, or the Intel MPI Library) using the provided uninstall scripts, rather than deleting the directory. That would allow the installer to clean up your system properly and prevent issues like this.

But, no worries! We'll certainly get it fixed :)

Since the install directory (and the uninstall scripts) are gone, we might have to do some manual manipulations. During each install, the installer would check a .db file for the presence of any existing tools. That's probably where this error is coming from. Can you check your home directory for the following file?:

[user@cluster:~]> ls intel/*.db
intel/intel_sdp_products.db

Now, you can either delete the file, rename the file (e.g. intel_sdp_products.db.bak), or edit the file. If you decide to edit it, search and delete any lines that contain "4.0.3p" or "compiler". As you can guess, this file would be updated during both the installation and uninstallation processes.

Now re-try your installation and let me know how it goes. I look forward to hearing back soon.

Regards,
~Gergana

0 Kudos
saeedian
Beginner

but my intel directory was removed and "ls intel/*.db" gives "ls: intel/*.db: No such file or directory"
what shall I do?
tanks

0 Kudos
Gergana_S_Intel
Employee

Hi saeedian,

Where were the software tools installed? Were they under /opt/intel, /home/user/intel, or somewhere else? The .db file will be created under your home directory, or under the root home directory (if installating as root).

You can also try using the 'find' or 'locate' tools, if you have them available on your system. Example:

$ locate intel_sdp_products.db
/home/user/intel/intel_sdp_products.db

Regards,
~Gergana

0 Kudos
saeedian
Beginner

hi
my intel installed as user account. (I don't access to root password)
/home/user/intel
now what shall I do?
tanx

0 Kudos
Gergana_S_Intel
Employee

Hi saeedian,

Have you tried the 'locate' or 'find' tools to see if the file was created somewhere else?

I tried to recreate your issue by doing an install, deleting the entire intel/ directory, then running another install but did not see the error you showed above ("Another instance of the installer has been detected. Please complete the other install and try again"). Is it possible you have a zombie process that's taking up resources? Please try running "ps aux | grep " and see if you have any installation or shell scripts running.

Regards,
~Gergana

0 Kudos
Gergana_S_Intel
Employee

Is it possible you have a zombie process that's taking up resources? Please try running "ps aux | grep " and see if you have any installation or shell scripts running.

Sorry, the command should be "ps aux | grep ".

Regards,
~Gergana

0 Kudos
saeedian
Beginner
Thanks for consideration Gergana
yes I did, I think I must siad that, the problem eraise when I'd try toevaluate wrong package(l_mpi_p_4.0.3.008.tgz) instead of l_mpi-rt_p_4.0.3.008.tgzmore than 3 times. so after one logoutI get that error :(

[user41@ce ~]$ locate intel_sdp_products.db
warning: locate: warning: database /var/lib/slocate/slocate.db' is more than 8 days old

[user41@ce ~]$ ps aux | grep user41

user41 2682 98.5 0.2 163624 34744 ? R Jan12 3315:49 /home/user41/l_mpi_p_4.0.3.008/./pset/32e/install.32e --tmp-dir /tmp --log-file /tmp/intel.pset.user41.ce.math_01.12.01.33.54.2012.log --PACKAGE_DIR /home/user41/l_mpi_p_4.0.3.008/.

user41 8539 0.0 0.0 6464 280 ? S Jan03 0:00 -bash

root 14427 0.0 0.0 37140 2600 ? Ss 09:35 0:00 sshd: user41 [priv]

user41 14429 0.0 0.0 37140 1580 ? S 09:35 0:00 sshd: user41@pts/10

user41 14430 0.0 0.0 54140 1624 pts/10 Ss 09:35 0:00 -bash

user41 14533 0.0 0.0 5472 784 pts/10 R+ 09:36 0:00 ps aux

user41 14534 0.0 0.0 51112 680 pts/10 S+ 09:36 0:00 grep user41

user41 24318 0.0 0.0 65004 1496 ? S Jan05 0:00 links

user41 24737 0.0 0.0 66256 2204 ? S Jan05 0:00 links

user41 31129 0.0 0.0 6464 308 ? S 2011 0:00 -bash

[user41@ce ~]$ ps aux | grep

Usage: grep [OPTION]... PATTERN [FILE]...

Try `grep --help' for more information.

also I did this command

[user41@ce l_fcompxe_intel64_2011.8.273]$ uninstall_idb.sh

The uninstallation program did not find any instance of

Intel Compiler Professional 11.0 products or components

for this package installed by this non-root user.

If you performed any installation using root, you must become root

to do the uninstallation.

0 Kudos
saeedian
Beginner

hi
my problem is solved :)
Ihad erased /tmp/intel.* and all problems solved

those erased was :

intel.issa.user41.ce.math_01.14.22.04.00.2012.log

intel.issa.user41.ce.math_01.14.23.27.28.2012.log

intel.pset.user41.ce.math_01.14.22.04.00.2012.log

intel.pset.user41.ce.math_01.14.23.27.28.2012.log

tanx

0 Kudos
saeedian
Beginner
hi
I installed runtime PMI, l_mpi-rt_p_4.0.3.008.tgz in my account.
how can I give the path to it?
view of my .bashrc:

# .bashrc

# User specific aliases and functions

# Source global definitions

if [ -f /etc/bashrc ]; then

. /etc/bashrc

fi

source $HOME/intel/composer_xe_2011_sp1.8.273/bin/compilervars.sh intel64

thanks in advance
0 Kudos
James_T_Intel
Hi saeedian,

In your .bashrc file, please add the following line:

[bash]source $HOME/intel/impi/4.0.3.008/bin64/mpivars.sh[/bash]
This willset the appropriateenvironment variablesfor the Intel MPI Library. These are done separately from the compiler environment variables.

Sincerely,
James Tullos
Intel Cluster Tools
0 Kudos