Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.

oneAPI Student Licence

hentall_maccuish__ja
New Contributor II

Hello,

The website says oneAPI HPC toolkit is free for students as parallel studio was. I have downloaded and installed the base and downloaded the HPC toolkit. Previously with products having registered as a student I was emailed a serial number and the product appeared in my registration centre (https://registrationcenter.intel.com/en/products/ ), this has not happened with oneAPI. Neither did I get any request to register as a student of provide a serial number in the download and installation process. Also, the installed oneAPI base does not appear in the old intel software manager on my desktop. So, it seems like the whole management of installation and license is very different with oneAPI but I haven't seen much, or really any, documentation on this. In particular I would like to know how to get a student licenced copy of the features that were previously in parallel studio. Apart from the fact it should be free to student the page https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/qualify-for-free-software.html#student does not provide any helpful information and when I follow the links I am taken to a download page which as I said doesn't ask me anything about licencing or registering as a student.

Thanks

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Intel OneAPI Base toolkit, HPC Toolkit is free to use for everyone.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos
hentall_maccuish__ja
New Contributor II

Hi,

Do you have a link to somewhere on the Intel site where that is stated clearly? That would be great news, and in the case of the oneAPI base that appears to be the case for me as I have installed it without registering, but I still find that hard to believe. You mean Intel has just made a piece of software that two weeks ago cost over £2,000 free for all to use without any public announcement? Also, this part of the website describes the categories of people oneAPI base and oneAPI HPC are free to https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/qualify-for-free-software.html surely that implies there is a cost to everyone else?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi,

As of now, the OneAPI Base kit, HPC kit is free to use for everyone. Everyone can download this free software for their use.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi,

Please give us an update on your issue. If the provided details helped you then, please give us confirmation so that we will stop monitoring this thread. You can always post a new thread if you have any other issues.

Thank You

0 Kudos
hentall_maccuish__ja
New Contributor II

Thank you for your answers but I don't think they answered or fully engaged with the question. Will these oneAPI products remain free? And  can you point me to were Intel announce these products being free?

It might seem petty but as this is software I rely on I  would like to have a more reliable source for my licencing situation than a post by a forum moderator.

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi,

As of now, oneAPI toolkits are free to use for everyone. For more details refer to the Purchase, Renewal, and Upgrade section of the below link.

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/oneapi-commercial-faq.html#inpage-nav-2

It is also mentioned in the above article that all of the oneAPI Toolkits are available for free download and use for commercial and non-commercial purposes. 

Also, check the licensing section for more details.

Hope the provided details will help you.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi,

Please give us an update if your issue is resolved and let us know if we can close this thread.

Thank You.

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi,

We haven't heard back from you for a long time, so we are assuming that the provided details have resolved your issues. We will no longer monitor this thread.

Please post a new thread if you have any other issues.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos