Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.

oneAPI and Fortran

fantoni__alessandro

Good morning

I am a FORTRAN programmer, with Parallel studio XE 2019 (recently updated to 2020) installed in my pc.  I'm interested in the oneAPI interface for extending my code to Nvidia GPU hardware.

What is the suggested configuration, maintaining my previous FORTRAN code? Is it possible to mix oneAPI libraries (MKL, OpenCL) with Fortran?

Thank you

Alessandro

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Barbara_P_Intel

The tools to access Intel accelerators are only available using the oneAPI beta Toolkits. This link has information on downloading the appropriate toolkits. With these kits MKL and other libraries are available.

Neither PSXE 2019 nor PSXE 2020 support offloading to accelerators. 

Only Intel accelerators are supported.

0 Kudos
fantoni__alessandro

Thank you very much for your help. 

I have downloaded the OneAPI base toolkit for installing, by the way the installer alert me that I will loose my previous VS integration of the PSXE. I'm confused, should I go on with that? Is the new compiler functionality the same of the PSXE? What happens to the other tools (like debugger, VTune, etc.)? If I choose to not integrate it with VS, I still have console access to the two different Fortran Compilers?

I still can't understand what is the best configuration...

Alessandro

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi,

The OneAPI toolkit VS integration will also have integration of tools like Vtune, Advisor, Intel Inspector, debugger, etc.

And if you choose not to integrate, then you can still access them using the console, the only thing is that you have to source the environment at every instance before using the tools from the OneAPI base kit. After sourcing only you can able to use compilers and other tools from the OneAPI toolkit.

I will suggest you go through the PSXE and OneAPI base kit links and compare What's Included field of both, and according to your requirement, you can either integrate the extensions or skip them.

-Abhishek

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi,

Let us know if your issue get resolved.

Kind Regards

Abhishek

0 Kudos