Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2154 Discussions

run intel cluster studio on windows xp 32bit

Anonymous66
Valued Contributor I

Hi,

after the installation of intel cluster studio xe 2012 and opening of the build environment command window i get the message:

the system cannot find the path specified

i wolud be grateful for any suggestions of what i must do

0 Kudos
22 Replies
imago1
Beginner
Hi,

after the installation of intel cluster studio xe 2012 and opening of the build environment command window i get the message:

the system cannot find the path specified

i wolud be grateful for any suggestions of what i must do
0 Kudos
James_T_Intel
Hi imago,

Right click on the shortcut for the Build Environment, and click Properties. In the Target box, you should see

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /K "C:\Program Files\Intel\ics\2012.0.033\bin\ictvars.bat"

Make sure the ictvars.bat file is in the location specified by the shortcut.

Sincerely,
James Tullos
Technical Consulting Engineer
Intel Cluster Tools
0 Kudos
imago1
Beginner
no james, there is no folder named "bin" in this direction. It seems that you have find the origin of the problem.
0 Kudos
James_T_Intel
Hi imago,

Ok, let's take a look at the folder contents. Please open a command prompt and run the following commands:

[plain]cd "C:Program FilesIntel" dir /ad /s /b > [/plain]
Replace with a filename of your choosing (in a folder where you have write permission). Please post that file here.

Sincerely,
James Tullos
Intel Cluster Tools
0 Kudos
imago1
Beginner
how i can add a file from my computer?
0 Kudos
James_T_Intel
Hi imago,

Immediately above the reply box, there is an Add Files button. Use that button to attach a file. Full instructions are at http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-to-attach-file-insert-code-into-forum-post/.

Sincerely,
James Tullos
Intel Cluster Tools
0 Kudos
imago1
Beginner
0 Kudos
James_T_Intel
Hi imago,

It looks like the bin folderdidn't get installed.Everything other than the bin folder appears to be correct, but if the install did not complete correctly, it is possible something is missing somewhere else. What is the name of the installer file you are using?

I would recommend removing and reinstalling the product, just to be on the safe side. However, if after this the ictvars.bat file is still missing, I can send you the file to be manually added.

Sincerely,
James Tullos
0 Kudos
imago1
Beginner
since i have already make downloading and reinstallation, more then one time, of this executable it would be better if we try with manual addition of the file ictvars.bat. If you can send it to me i can make a new folder with the name bin to add the bat file in it.
The downloaded installer is w_ics_2012.0.033
Thanks James!
0 Kudos
James_T_Intel
Hi imago,

I've emailed the file to you. I renamed it to .tmp to hopefully avoid some filters, but let me know whether or not it gets through.

Sincerely,
James Tullos
Intel Cluster Tools
0 Kudos
imago1
Beginner
unfortunately it is filtered out. Is there an alternative way to get the file?
0 Kudos
James_T_Intel
Hi imago,

I will send you a password protected zip file with it. I cannot post the file directly on the forum.

Sincerely,
James Tullos
Intel Cluster Tools

0 Kudos
imago1
Beginner
it seems to work so far as the message "The system cannot find the path specified" does no longer appear. But if i try to compile the target source code, i have download prior gnuwin32_make for these, there appears a new error message:
"The system cannot find the file specified". However these needs not be a compiler specific problem. For that i will try tomorrow to look for a solution.

Thank you very much James!
0 Kudos
James_T_Intel
Hi imago,

Can you determine which file is missing? Is this an MPI program you are attempting to compile? Have you compiled the same program with a different compiler on this computer?

Sincerely,
James Tullos
Intel Cluster Tools
0 Kudos
imago1
Beginner
no james, the copilation option i used is an serial win 32 executable. I send you the error message which i get, if i open the build environment for intel cluster studio, drive to the working directory and type:

make intel_win_32

also attached is the makefile fro the program compilation.
Maybe you have an idea of what goes wrong

best regards
Dimitrios

error_message.doc

makefile
0 Kudos
James_T_Intel
Hi Dimitrios,

It seems like your system isn't finding the compiler. Please run the following commands and give me the output:

[plain]ifort echo %PATH%[/plain]
Sincerely,
James Tullos
Intel Cluster Tools
0 Kudos
imago1
Beginner
i opened a dos input window to type subsequently the two commands as you say. attached is the output

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel
Hi Dimitrios,

I apologize for not specifying. Those commands need to be run in the Build Environment prompt.

Sincerely,
James Tullos
Intel Cluster Tools
0 Kudos
imago1
Beginner
0 Kudos
James_T_Intel
Hi Dimitrios,

I think I see the problem. Your system is a 32-bit system, the binaries that are set in your path are the 64 bit binaries. Go to the shortcut for the build environment, and change the target from

[plain]C:WindowsSystem32cmd.exe /K "C:ProgrammeIntelics2012.0.033binictvars.bat"[/plain]
to
[plain]C:WindowsSystem32cmd.exe /K "C:ProgrammeIntelics2012.0.033binictvars.bat" ia32[/plain]
That should fix the problem.

Sincerely,
James Tullos
Intel Cluster Tools

P.S. I edited the target to match your system, rather than what was copied from my system. Make sure you copy the new one, rather than the old one.
0 Kudos