Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2161 Discussions

unable to write Lammps dump files

asif1
Beginner

Hi,

I have compiled the latest version of Lammps using gcc with intel-onepi-mpi successfully, I am writing dump and restart files at certain iterations during lammps run. The job will start and run fine, but the job will stop to write the dump file and continues to run using 100% of cpu, no error or output message gets updated. The job just hangs, I have no issues running the job using openmpi. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Asif.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
SantoshY_Intel

Hi Asif,

Thank you for posting in the Intel communities.

To help us better understand the issue, we kindly request that you provide us with the following details:

1. The version of Intel MPI you're currently using.
  2. A sample reproducer code that highlights the issue you're facing, instead of sharing the whole application.
  3. The steps you followed to reproduce the issue.
  4. The operating system you're using.
  5. The CPU on which you're running the application.

Best regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos
asif1
Beginner

Hello Santosh,

Sorry for the late response.

The version of Intel MPI you're currently using. - intel-oneapi-mpi@2021.8.0

The steps you followed to reproduce the issue. -

export I_MPI_DEBUG=5
              export FI_PROVIDER=mlx
              time mpirun -np $SLURM_NTASKS lmp -in input

The operating system you're using. - AlmaLinux release 8.7 (Stone Smilodon)

The CPU on which you're running the application - AMD EPYC 7713 64-Core Processor

I have not attached any of my files here. let me know if you need them.

Thanks,

Asif.

0 Kudos
SantoshY_Intel

Hi,

We haven't heard back from you. Could you please provide us with the above requested details to investigate your issue?

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos
SantoshY_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry. We can only offer direct support for Intel hardware platforms that the Intel® oneAPI product supports. Intel provides instructions on how to compile oneAPI code for both CPU and a wide range of GPU accelerators.

https://intel.github.io/llvm-docs/GetStartedGuide.html

We can see that your processor and operating system don't meet the Intel MPI system requirements. We recommend you try using an Intel processor & supported operating system as mentioned in the below system requirements page:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/system-requirements/mpi-library-system-requirements.html

If you still face the same issue, then please provide us with a sample reproducer code to investigate your issue from our end.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos
SantoshY_Intel

Hi,

We haven't heard back from you. Could you please provide us with an update on your issue?

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos
SantoshY_Intel

Hi,

I have not heard back from you. This thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos