Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2159 Discussions

using oneAPI classic C/C++ with Visual Studio 2019 express

Glenn_F_
Beginner

I'm looking for documentation or help with building a C/C++ application using the classic oneAPI C/C++ compiler and Visual Studio 2019 express.  I am able to build with a makefile from the command line.  But when I build with Visual studio I get a lot of unresolved external references such as to common C library routines such as strcat, fopen, strcmp, sin, cos and to other symbols such as __chkstk, __stdio_common_vfprintf .  I specified this directory

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\compiler\latest\windows\lib on the linker properties page but must be missing something .  

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Glenn_F_
Beginner

found an example using visual studio and the oneAPI c++ compiler and was able to use options from example in my project.  one other issue  is it looks like the oneAPI c/c++ compiler expects Fortran routine symbols to be in all CAPS.  

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

>>"found an example using visual studio and the oneAPI c++ compiler and was able to use options from example in my project"

Glad to know that your originally posted issue is resolved, Could you please let us know whether we can close this thread from our end?

>>"one other issue is it looks like the oneAPI c/c++ compiler expects Fortran routine symbols to be in all CAPS."

As this forum is intended to support issues related to HPC Toolkit. For any issues related to FORTRAN, please kindly raise a new thread in the Fortran compiler forum.

Link to FORTRAN compiler forum: https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Fortran-Compiler/bd-p/fortran-compiler

Have a Good day.

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi,

Could you please confirm if your issue is resolved and whether we can close this thread from our end.

Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
Glenn_F_
Beginner

I was able to resolve this problem.  you can close this issue

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi, 

Thanks for the confirmation!

As this issue has been resolved, we will no longer respond to this thread. 

If you require any additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. 

Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only. 

Have a Good day.

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos