Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

64bits Lapack routines on mac

de_la_Calle__Alejand

Hi,

The other day was the first time I use a lapack routines (from the mkl library) on a macbook pro with mac osx 10.8 . I linked the library for 64 bits, but I got this warning form the compiler:

ld: warning: ignoring file /opt/intel/mkl/lib/libmkl_lapack95.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)

My question is: Is there a 64bits version of the Lapack routines?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Whether or not prebuilt Lapack-95 libraries are included with MKL depends on the version of MKL and/or Intel compiler(s) you have installed.

Please state the versions that you have, and show the command used to attempt linking the program.

0 Kudos
Noah_C_Intel
Employee

I would also recommend you check out the Link Line Advisor first to make sure you haven't forgotten anything, and then show us the command you used.

http://software.intel.com/sites/products/mkl/

0 Kudos
de_la_Calle__Alejand

Sorry guys: I have realised that I was linking with $(MKLROOT)/lib/libmkl_lapack95 rather than $(MKLROOT)/lib/libmkl_lapack95_lp64. Sometimes I get confused because I mix up the makefiles from linux and mac os x machines. 

Thank you for the link. I have also seen that They recommend to use the compiler option -mkl=parallel , and I thought that parallel version of mkl was set by default.

Thank you the time!

0 Kudos