Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
6435 Discussions

Can MKL fortran solve nonlinear equation system like NEQNF in IMSL?

yyy273
Beginner

Hi all,

I am new to Intel Fortran Compiler. Thank you in advance for bearing my questions. 

I am trying to solve a nonlinear equation system with 2 unknowns. I was planning to use the NEQNF in IMSL. But I found that it is no longer available in Intel Fortran Compiler. (I use the student version.)

I was wondering whether there is any substitute in MKL to solve the nonlinear equation system. I only found a least-square minimizer: dtrnlsp. Did I miss anything? Or does it mean that I should rewrite my problem into minimization?

Any guidance is appreciated. Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gennady_F_Intel

yes, mkl provides only nonlinear least square problem solver. There are a number of such C/F examples show how to run this code into mklroot\examples\solverf\ directory  

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

yes, mkl provides only nonlinear least square problem solver. There are a number of such C/F examples show how to run this code into mklroot\examples\solverf\ directory  

View solution in original post

yyy273
Beginner

Thank you! It is good to know the information.