Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6974 Discussions

Compute LU triangles directly for sparse (compressed row storage) vectors

EJRicketts
Beginner

Hi,

I have a sparse/CRS vector which I would like to compute the LU decomposition of for the lower triangle. Is there a way to output this directly?

Thanks

0 Kudos
10 Replies
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Intel Communities.

Could you please be more specific regarding the format in which you would like the operation to be performed, so that we could assist you in appropriate solvers to be used.

In addition, Please refer to below link for the routines which would be useful to choose based on your desired operation to be performed and let us know if the use case matches your requirement.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/onemkl-developer-reference-c/top/sparse-solver-routines/onemkl-pardiso-parallel-direct-sparse-solver-iface.html#onemkl-pardiso-parallel-direct-sparse-solver-iface

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi,

Could you please let us know if you need L and U factors directly from Pardiso?

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
EJRicketts
Beginner

Hi,

Yes, I would like the lower triangle of a sparse matrix.

Thanks,

Evan

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi,

As of now, there are no functions available for PARDISO which can return LU factors.

We would like to request you to raise a Feature Request if you have it as a requirement.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi,

A gentle reminder:

Has the information provided helped? Kindly let us know so that we could close this thread at our end.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
EJRicketts
Beginner

Hi,

Just a last question. Is there a routine in the MKL which could perform a Cholesky decomposition of a matrix in CRS format? I know that ?potrf exists, but I think that this is for full arrays only.

Thanks,

Evan

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi,

p?potrf computes the Cholesky factorization of a symmetric (Hermitian) positive-definite distributed matrix.

It computes the Cholesky factorization of a real symmetric or complex Hermitian positive-definite distributed n-by-n matrix A(ia:ia+n-1, ja:ja+n-1).

Please find the below link for more information regarding the computational routine. Kindly get back to us with more specific details in case of any help is needed.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/onemkl-developer-reference-c/top/scalapack-routines/scalapack-computational-routines/matrix-factorization-scalapack-computation/p-potrf.html

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi,

A gentle reminder:

Has the information provided helped? Kindly let us know so that we could close this thread at our end.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi,

We assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos