Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Different results using 11.2.1 vs 11.1.0

xian-zhong_guous_cd-

I have the identical SPD matrix and rhs but got the different solution using mkl 11.2.1 on win vs 11.1.0 on linux.

on win

Major version: 11
Minor version: 2
Update version: 1
Product status:  Product
Build: n20141023
Processor optimization: Intel(R) Streaming SIMD Extensions 4.2 (Intel(R) SSE4.2) enabled processors

on linux

Major version: 11
Minor version: 1
Update version: 0
Product status:  Product
Build: n20130711
Processor optimization: Intel(R) Advanced Vector Extensions (Intel(R) AVX) Enabled Processor

A related question: we want to use intel 15.0. It seems we must use mkl11.2. Is that true?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

What do you mean by "we want to use intel 15.0"?  You mean Intel Parallel Studio XE 2015 Composer Edition?

Have you used the same #of threads when called Pardiso from 11.1 and 11.2 versions?

--Gennady

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

xian-zhong.guos: why do you have different versions of the input (matrix and rhs) files for Linux and Windows? Are their contents, taken in pairs, the same? I have not looked at the contents of the files (since the files are large), but it should be understandable that different input files will give different output.

0 Kudos
xian-zhong_guous_cd-

Yes, we want to use Intel Parallel Studio XE 2015 Composer Edition.

Yes, I have compared the matrix/rhs from linux and win and they are same. Sorry, I could have just uploaded one set of matrix/rhs.

0 Kudos
xian-zhong_guous_cd-

They both use one thread.

0 Kudos