Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Error when running the code

kirankumarm
Beginner
Hi All,
I newly installed Intel MKl on my system. I ran the script for setting the environment variables. I used the link advisor and it suggested me this

-L/opt/intel/composerxe-2011.1.107/mkl/lib/intel64/ -Wl,--start-group -lmkl_intel_ilp64 -lmkl_gnu_thread -lmkl_core -Wl,--end-group -fopenmp -lpthread

The program is compiling but when I'm executing the program its giving me this error

./a.out: error while loading shared libraries: libmkl_intel_ilp64.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Can anyone please help me.

Regards,
M.Kiran Kumar.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel
Hi M.Kiran Kumar,
You must set LD_LIBRARY_PATH so as to include your MKL *.so directory in the executionenvironment.
--Gennady
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
If you meant to link the static .a libraries, rather than the dynamic ones, you must follow the examples and specify the .a libraries explicitly. When linking the dynamic libraries, there is no use in specifying the -start-group -end-group options.
The LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting for dynamic libraries is included when you source the compilervars or mklvars settings in your installation.
0 Kudos