Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6981 Discussions

Example for Sparse Symmetric Linear Systems.

Intel_C_Intel
Employee
Hi, I am new in MKL and i would like to compile & run example of sparse solver using PARDISO direct solver. To solve the system of equations Ax = b. I use Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Version 8.0.xxxxx with Intel Fortran Compiler Version 9.1.xxxx.xxxx and Intel Math Karlen Library 10.0, so I linked all necessary Include Files: "..IntelMKL10.0.4.023include", Library Files: "..IntelMKL10.0.4.023ia32lib
", Executable: "..IntelMKL10.0.4.023ia32in" ,
Additional Dependencies: "mkl_solver.lib mkl_intel_c.lib mkl_intel_thread.lib mkl_core.lib libguide40.lib". Now I am trying to compile Examples for Sparse Symmetric Linear Systems from Reference Manual of Intel Math Kernel Library
but it gives me following errors.

Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _PARDISOINIT referenced in function _MAIN__
Error 2 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _PARDISO referenced in function _MAIN__

My guess will be that compiler can't find "pardisoinit" and "pardiso" functions from pardiso library which should be inside MKL, if i am wrong or missing something please let me know. Any help will be apreacheated.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alemdar__Bulent
Beginner
Hi, I am new in MKL and i would like to compile & run example of sparse solver using PARDISO direct solver. To solve the system of equations Ax = b. I use Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Version 8.0.xxxxx with Intel Fortran Compiler Version 9.1.xxxx.xxxx and Intel Math Karlen Library 10.0, so I linked all necessary Include Files: "..IntelMKL10.0.4.023include", Library Files: "..IntelMKL10.0.4.023ia32lib
", Executable: "..IntelMKL10.0.4.023ia32in" ,
Additional Dependencies: "mkl_solver.lib mkl_intel_c.lib mkl_intel_thread.lib mkl_core.lib libguide40.lib". Now I am trying to compile Examples for Sparse Symmetric Linear Systems from Reference Manual of Intel Math Kernel Library
but it gives me following errors.

Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _PARDISOINIT referenced in function _MAIN__
Error 2 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _PARDISO referenced in function _MAIN__

My guess will be that compiler can't find "pardisoinit" and "pardiso" functions from pardiso library which should be inside MKL, if i am wrong or missing something please let me know. Any help will be apreacheated.

Thanks in advance.

would it be possible that you are calling intel libraries from a C file?

bulent

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

Hi, probably these examples are not compatible we need to check it.

Id recommend you to look at the solver examples. You can find these examples in $MKL_ROOT/examples/solver directory.

In particular, you can find there C and Fortran versions of Sparse Symmetric Linear Systems examples.

Regarding the problem you met:

At the first glance all your VS settings look correct including additional libraries:

mkl_solver.lib mkl_intel_c.lib mkl_intel_thread.lib mkl_core.lib libguide40.lib

Just for your information, please look at the following link. Probably it will useful for the future:

Compiling and linking your program with Intel MKL v.10.0 with VS 2005

<http://cmsadmin.cps.intel.com/NR/exeres/5e8054f7-2979-403e-abc3-82fcee20343d,frameless.htm?NRMODE=Update&WBCMODE=PresentationUnpublished&wbc_purpose=Basic&wbc_mode=Basic>

--Gennady

0 Kudos
farukhsharipov
Beginner

Ok, why my question which I post couple days ago is under ISN Admin and I couldn't find it for long time?

0 Kudos