Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

FFT with oneMKL

MGRAV
New Contributor I

Hi,

I am currently trying the new oneAPI,

I have the impression that if we pass the simple level of arithmetic computation, examples are coming rare.

Would be possible to have a simple example of FFT computation using oneMKL, with the associate compile line for the devCloud ?

Best,

Mathieu

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Khang_N_Intel
Employee

Hi Mathieu,

There are oneMKL FFT examples that come with the Intel(R) oneAPI Base Toolkit

Assuming that you install the toolkit for linux* under the folder /opt/intel.  The oneMKL examples will be in the folder: /opt/intel/inteloneapi/mkl/latest/examples.

The oneMKL DPC++ examples will be in the compressed file examples_sycl.tgz

After un-compressing that file, you will find FFT examples in the fold ...sycl/dft

Use the command make to compile and link the examples.  Typing only the command make will show you many options on how to compile and link the examples.  You can capture the screen or redirect the output to a file to see how the examples are compiled and linked.

To get started on devcloud, please follow this link:

https://devcloud.intel.com/datacenter/learn/getting-started/

Hope this helps!

Khang

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Khang_N_Intel
Employee

Hi Mathieu,

There are oneMKL FFT examples that come with the Intel(R) oneAPI Base Toolkit

Assuming that you install the toolkit for linux* under the folder /opt/intel.  The oneMKL examples will be in the folder: /opt/intel/inteloneapi/mkl/latest/examples.

The oneMKL DPC++ examples will be in the compressed file examples_sycl.tgz

After un-compressing that file, you will find FFT examples in the fold ...sycl/dft

Use the command make to compile and link the examples.  Typing only the command make will show you many options on how to compile and link the examples.  You can capture the screen or redirect the output to a file to see how the examples are compiled and linked.

To get started on devcloud, please follow this link:

https://devcloud.intel.com/datacenter/learn/getting-started/

Hope this helps!

Khang

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

please also check how to link with MKL 2021 beta bt using the MKL Linker Adviser.  Selecting Intel Product as oneAPI MKL 2021.1-beta and Adviser will give you the link line,

0 Kudos
MGRAV
New Contributor I

Thanks both, I find the examples !

And I was able to compile.

Thanks,

Mathieu

0 Kudos
Khang_N_Intel
Employee

Hi Mathieu,

That's great!

If you have any other questions or suggestions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Khang

0 Kudos