Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

FFTW r2r in 2017.0

4f0drlp7eyj3
Beginner

Hi,

Before trying to debug a third-party code with FFTW calls, I thought I'd pick the brains of the experts.

I build the code either by linking to MKL (via "-mkl=sequential"), or to FFTW 3.3.3. The MKL-linked binary generates incorrect results (zeros in an array where there shouldn't be), whereas the FFTW-linked binary generates the expected results.

The basic question I have, is if there are limitations or traps to watch out for with these 2 consecutive calls (like not implemented in MKL)?

dfftw_plan_r2r_1d( (INTEGER*8) A, (INTEGER) B, (REAL*8) C[32768], (REAL*8) D[32768], (INTEGER) 0, (INTEGER) 64 )
dfftw_execute_r2r( (INTEGER*8) A, C, D )

Thanks; Chris

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

if you pass INTEGER*8, could you please try to explicitly link with ILP64 libs? here is the link to the MKL Linker Adviser - https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-mkl-link-line-advisor

0 Kudos
4f0drlp7eyj3
Beginner

Hi Gennady,

Thanks for the suggestion. No luck, though, either with building -i8 and linking to ilp64, or just linking.

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

Could you please try the latest version 2018? We had issue with FFTW API and the fix available in MKL 2018. 

0 Kudos