Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6975 Discussions

HELP ME!Problem of time that call one function.

north7422380
Beginner

I use MKL RNG to generate 1,000,000 numbers with the function that is called "viuniform",The name of the server is gold 6148. At the bottom of the code, I call this function again to generate 1,000,000 numbers.The time is as follows (in microseconds):

first:1887

second:774

This is not exceptional case,it happens when I use functions in any new file.Is that prove the MKL will spend a lot of time on Pretreatment or something else?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

The first reference to an MKL function/subroutine may require that the DLL or shared library containing the function be loaded from disk. That is a one-time overhead. I regularly observe similar behavior with DLLs from other libraries such as IMSL, NAG, etc.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

The first reference to an MKL function/subroutine may require that the DLL or shared library containing the function be loaded from disk. That is a one-time overhead. I regularly observe similar behavior with DLLs from other libraries such as IMSL, NAG, etc.

0 Kudos
north7422380
Beginner

Thank you ! The browser is back to normal. I think your answer solves my problem.

0 Kudos
north7422380
Beginner

Oh!Thank you for the first answer.I want to accept your answer as the right result but the browser remind me :"Authentication failed for the action you are trying to do. This failure could be due to your browser not supporting JavaScript, JavaScript not being enabled, or trying to use the action URL directly in the browser address bar instead of clicking the link on the page."

0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for accepting the solution.

As the issue is resolved we are closing this thread. Please post a new question if you need any additional assistance from Intel as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos