Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6974 Discussions

How can I upload and execute an executable file in DevCloud?

gamersensual14
New Contributor I

Hi Intel team!

Today I have a simple question, I have a code that uses the BLAS library. I want to run it in the DevCloud, but it looks like BLAS isn't available, so I cant compile it in the DevCloud.

If I to compile it statically in local and then upload it to the DevCloud, it won't let me execute it and just say "Permission Denied".

What can I do about this?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

>>it won't let me execute it and just say "Permission Denied"...What can I do about this?

Could you please confirm if you have given file permissions before running the uploaded executable?

I tried to reproduce the issue with a sample code and a quick check from my side shows that the executable file which I uploaded only have read permissions.

After doing

chmod 777 <executable_name>

I could see that it is working fine with no errors.

Here is the screenshot of running the executable.

VidyalathaB_Intel_0-1657103313673.png

>>but it looks like BLAS isn't available

You can make use of BLAS routines from oneMKL which is already installed in Devcloud.

Reference Link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/onemkl-developer-reference-c/top/blas-and-sparse-blas-routines.html

Please get back to us if you still have any issues.

Regards,

Vidya.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

>>it won't let me execute it and just say "Permission Denied"...What can I do about this?

Could you please confirm if you have given file permissions before running the uploaded executable?

I tried to reproduce the issue with a sample code and a quick check from my side shows that the executable file which I uploaded only have read permissions.

After doing

chmod 777 <executable_name>

I could see that it is working fine with no errors.

Here is the screenshot of running the executable.

VidyalathaB_Intel_0-1657103313673.png

>>but it looks like BLAS isn't available

You can make use of BLAS routines from oneMKL which is already installed in Devcloud.

Reference Link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/onemkl-developer-reference-c/top/blas-and-sparse-blas-routines.html

Please get back to us if you still have any issues.

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos
gamersensual14
New Contributor I

Thank you very much Vidya! I thought it couldn't be changed as a security measurement.

0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for accepting our solution.

Please post a new question if you need any additional assistance from Intel as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Have a Nice Day!

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos