Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6977 Discussions

I get vasp!But when run ,it gives error:./vasp: error while loading shared libraries: libmkl_p4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

zhangwei818800
Beginner
./vasp: error while loading shared libraries: libmkl_p4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory,what is the problem? Thank you !
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel
Quoting - zhangwei818800
./vasp: error while loading shared libraries: libmkl_p4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory,what is the problem? Thank you !

Check this KB "Using Intel in MKL with VASP" by follow the link below
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-math-kernel-library-intel-mkl-using-intel-mkl-in-vasp/,
may it will help you.
--Gennady

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Check this KB "Using Intel in MKL with VASP" by follow the link below
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-math-kernel-library-intel-mkl-using-intel-mkl-in-vasp/,
may it will help you.

As should any reference on setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH (or use of ldconfig, if you must).
This would be another reason (or 2) for using an up to date compiler/MKL combination (fewer PATH items to set).
0 Kudos
zhangwei818800
Beginner
Quoting - tim18
As should any reference on setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH (or use of ldconfig, if you must).
This would be another reason (or 2) for using an up to date compiler/MKL combination (fewer PATH items to set).

But how can I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH?? What is the order? vim .bashrc??or vim bash_profile??? Please teach me in detail, my mkl is /opt/mkl/8.0/lib ,Thank you!
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
Quoting - zhangwei818800

But how can I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH?? What is the order? vim .bashrc??or vim bash_profile??? Please teach me in detail, my mkl is /opt/mkl/8.0/lib ,Thank you!

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/mkl/8.0/lib/em64t

0 Kudos