Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6957 Discussions

Initializing libguide40.lib, but found libiomp5md.dll already initialized.

jiemin84
Beginner
Hi,
I'm new to Intel MKL, tried compiling and running the example code lapacke_zgesvd_row.c in MS VS2008 and encounter the error "OMP abort:Initializing libguide40.lib, but found libiomp5md.dll already initialized.".
I had selected the Build Components to use Intel Math Kernel Library 10.3.4 and parallel for the Use MKL option. Had also place the "libiomp5md.dll" file in the Debug folder.
I did a search online and understand that this error is caused by linking multiple OpenMP libraries. But I did not amend the example code and performing a search in the installed folder, I could not locate "libguide40.lib".
No other Intel products installed except MKL.
Can anyone tell me how can I solve this problem.
Thanks in advance
Jiemin
0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
It seems you must have a copy of libguide40.dll present on your run-time search path, presumably to support applications which you linked several years ago with Intel 10.0 or earlier compilers (or MKL 9.x or earlier).
It can be difficult to sort this out if you have allowed past Intel software installations to modify the Windows search paths (the settings you can edit in Windows Advanced System Settings>environment variables).
If you take care to rebuild all objects with no references to libguide, you shouldn't run into this.
0 Kudos
Juha_Heiskanen
Beginner
I'm trying to locate those DLLs, but can't find any library or envinment variable. just how to enable libguide40 again ?
Vista64-Canopus edius6 video edit
BR, Juha
0 Kudos
VipinKumar_E_Intel

May be this article will be helpful to you.

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/opm-abort-initializing-libguide40dll/

--Vipin

0 Kudos