Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6977 Discussions

Intel MKL FATAL ERROR: Cannot load symbol MKLMPI_Get_wrappers. Intel MKL FATAL ERROR: Cannot load symbol MKLMPI_Get_wrappers.

Tan__Adrian
Beginner

Hi all,

I am trying to compile a tensor library from source and cythonize the code. The code is taken from a github repository: https://github.com/cyclops-community/ctf .Unfortunately, it seems that the cythonized code is throwing me errors when I ran the test cases. I pass the linkers by running the following command in my configure files:

./configure --no-static LD_LIB_PATH="-L$MKLROOT/lib/intel64/" LD_LIBS="-lmkl_scalapack_lp64 -lmkl_intel_lp64 -lmkl_intel_thread -lmkl_core -lmkl_blacs_intelmpi_lp64  -lpthread -lm" CXXFLAGS="-O3 -no-ipo"

I have attached the configure file here. Does anyone know what error is implied by " Intel MKL FATAL ERROR: Cannot load symbol MKLMPI_Get_wrappers. Intel MKL FATAL ERROR: Cannot load symbol MKLMPI_Get_wrappers. ". Googling this shows me it might be because I have a non-dynamic version of mkl_blacs_intelmpi_lp64. I do have it in my directory though.

Best,
Adrian

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

MKL Linker Adviser recommends to use this link line: -L${MKLROOT}/lib/intel64 -Wl,--no-as-needed -lmkl_scalapack_lp64 -lmkl_intel_lp64 -lmkl_intel_thread -lmkl_core -lmkl_blacs_intelmpi_lp64 -liomp5 -lpthread -lm -ldl

0 Kudos
Tan__Adrian
Beginner

Hi there, thanks for the reply. I changed configure to:
/configure --no-static LD_LIB_PATH="-L$MKLROOT/lib/intel64/ -Wl,--no-as-needed" LD_LIBS="-lmkl_scalapack_lp64 -lmkl_intel_lp64 -lmkl_intel_thread -lmkl_core -lmkl_blacs_intelmpi_lp64 -liomp5 -lpthread -lm -ldl" CXX='mpiicc' CXXFLAGS="-O3 -no-ipo"

Unfortunately, I am still having the same error:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/opt/gnu/gcc/lib64:/opt/gnu/gmp/lib:/opt/gnu/mpfr/lib:/opt/gnu/mpc/lib:/opt/gnu/lib:/opt/gnu/lib64:/opt/intel/2016.3.210/compilers_and_libraries/linux/mpi/intel64/lib:/opt/intel/2016.3.210/compilers_and_libraries_2016.3.210/linux/compiler/lib/intel64_lin:/opt/intel/2016.3.210/compilers_and_libraries_2016.3.210/linux/ipp/../compiler/lib/intel64:/opt/intel/2016.3.210/compilers_and_libraries_2016.3.210/linux/ipp/lib/intel64:/opt/intel/2016.3.210/compilers_and_libraries_2016.3.210/linux/mkl/lib/intel64:/opt/intel/2016.3.210/compilers_and_libraries_2016.3.210/linux/tbb/lib/intel64/gcc4.4:/opt/sdsc/lib:/home/atanteck/ctf/ctf/lib_shared:/home/atanteck/ctf/ctf/lib_python:/opt/intel/2016.3.210/compilers_and_libraries_2016.3.210/linux/mkl/lib/intel64/-Wl,--no-as-needed" PYTHONPATH=":/home/atanteck/ctf/ctf/lib_python" mpirun -np 2 python ./test/python/test_la.py;

Intel MKL FATAL ERROR: Cannot load symbol MKLMPI_Get_wrappers.

Additional information for environment:
icc version 16.0.3 (gcc version 4.9.2 compatibility)
mpiicc for the Intel(R) MPI Library 5.1.3 for Linux*
intel mkl version 11.3.3

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

could you try to re-link with MKL 2019?

0 Kudos
Tan__Adrian
Beginner

So this is a cluster and I dont have the administrative rights to install that. What I did was I load with a compiler from 2018 that has a MKL 2018 associated with it. The compiler version is:

icc (ICC) 18.0.1 20171018

I then configure as follows: 

/configure --no-static LD_LIB_PATH="-L$MKLROOT/lib/intel64/ -Wl,--no-as-needed" LD_LIBS="-lmkl_scalapack_lp64 -lmkl_intel_lp64 -lmkl_intel_thread -lmkl_core -lmkl_blacs_intelmpi_lp64 -liomp5 -lpthread -lm -ldl" CXX='mpiicc' CXXFLAGS="-O3 -no-ipo"

This time, the compiler fails to build the dynamic library. The error log is below:

make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/atanteck/ctf/ctf/src/sparse_formats'

make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/atanteck/ctf/ctf/src'

xiar -crs /home/atanteck/ctf/ctf/lib/libctf.a /home/atanteck/ctf/ctf/obj/*.o;

ipo: error #11099: Il version for /home/atanteck/ctf/ctf/obj/btwn_central_kernels.o (711) does not match compiler's il version (435649), please regenerate

xiar: error #10014: problem during multi-file optimization compilation (code 1)

xiar: error #10014: problem during multi-file optimization compilation (code 1)

make[1]: *** [ctflib] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/atanteck/ctf/ctf'

make: *** [/home/atanteck/ctf/ctf/lib/libctf.a] Error 2

0 Kudos
Tan__Adrian
Beginner

Hi all,

I managed to get access to another cluster that has an intel compiler from 2019 that should link with intel MKL 2019. I still received the same error:

Any suggestions?

Best,
Adrian

0 Kudos