Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6974 Discussions

Intel MKL redistribution-- Is there any Merge Modules for 32 and 64 bit Windows?

Ngu_Soon_Hui
Beginner
I've created my application using intel mkl libraries ( in fortran), and now I am worrying about redistributing them to winfows 32 and 64 bit platform. The reason of this is that there seems to be a lot of components that I have to redistribute, according to the "C:\\Program Files\\Intel\\Compiler\\11.0\\066\\fortran\\Documentation\\en_US\\fredist.txt" and "C:\\Program Files\\Intel\\Compiler\\11.0\\066\\fortran\\Documentation\\mkl\\redist.txt".

Is there a merge module that I can just use to install on my client's machine, so that I don't have to package them one by one? Or is it possible to aggregate all the necessary redists on a single directory, so that I can pull them at one go and build my own merge module out of it?
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TimP
Honored Contributor III
I assume you're aware of the library redistributable package which you can download from https://registrationcenter.intel.com Are you saying you want a different set from what is supplied there?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
You could check which dlls are required in your product by running dumpbin /dependents, or you could use static libraries at least for the MKL.
0 Kudos
Ngu_Soon_Hui
Beginner
Thanks, but that would be troublesome, not to mention that dumpbin only applicable on the DLLs that have the same type of the OS ( on 32 bit OS, you can only dumpbin 32 bit Dlls but not 64 bit).
A redistribution package from Intel, on the other hand, is the most convenient for us all.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
I assume you're aware of the library redistributable package which you can download from https://registrationcenter.intel.com Are you saying you want a different set from what is supplied there?
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
soonhui,
May be I am mistaken, but from my point of view,you can create custom dll for each of architecture(ia32, Intel64) and for each OS. In this case you don't need to distribute all stuff from redistr.txt.
--Gennady
0 Kudos