Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition fortran build error

Rushikesh_H_
Beginner

Hi everyone!!

I recently started using Parallel studio cluster edition on my windows 64 bit system. I am using visual studio 2015 edition for it. I am running already built fortran console application using user provided library in resources. When i try to build the project, it gives me following error:

fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mkl_solver_lp64.lib'

I tried the option to 'use Intel Math Kernel Library' but the error still remained.

Please help.Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ying_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Rushikesh,

I'm afraid the application provided by your user was build with previous MKL version.   As the mkl_solver_lp64.lib is not available since MKL 10.2 update 2.  https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/mkl_solver_libraries_are_deprecated_libraries_since_version_10_2_Update_2

Since version 10.2 update 2 of Intel® MKL,
all components of Direct Solver (Pardiso and DSS), Trust-Region (TR) Solver, Iterative Sparse Solver (ISS) and GNU Multiple Precision (GMP) were moved to standard MKL libraries.
So now solver ( e.g: mkl_solver_*.lib and mkl_solver_sequential*.lib  libraries are empty (for backward compatibility).

Could you please check your project property page=> linker => input => Additional Dependency

and if possible, delete the mkl_solver_*.lib and rebuild.

Best Regards

Ying

0 Kudos