Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

LNK2019 to Symbol _DftiFreeDescriptor and others

Marian_L_
Beginner

Hello all,

I'm evaluating the MKL11 and tried the example "basic_dp_real_dft_1d.c".

I'm getting the linker error messages:

1>basic_dp_real_dft_1d.obj : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "_DftiFreeDescriptor" in Funktion "_main".
1>basic_dp_real_dft_1d.obj : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "_DftiComputeBackward" in Funktion "_main".
1>basic_dp_real_dft_1d.obj : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "_DftiComputeForward" in Funktion "_main".
1>basic_dp_real_dft_1d.obj : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "_DftiCommitDescriptor" in Funktion "_main".
1>basic_dp_real_dft_1d.obj : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "_DftiSetValue" in Funktion "_main".
1>basic_dp_real_dft_1d.obj : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "_DftiCreateDescriptor_d_1d" in Funktion "_main".
1>basic_dp_real_dft_1d.obj : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "_DftiGetValue" in Funktion "_main".

Did I forget to link something?

BTW: I needed to adjust the include for mkl_dftk.h, the compiler did not find the header file:

//#include "mkl_dfti.h"
#include "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013\mkl\include\mkl_dfti.h"

Thank you for the help,

Marian

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Sridevi_A_Intel
Employee

Hello Marian,

I quickly ran the above example you mentioned in windows (using MSVS). i didnt see any problems. I'm attaching the solution file. If you need Linux make file, let me know I'll send you linkline in a makefile. meanwhile, did you try our link line Advisor?http://software.intel.com/sites/products/mkl/

Please try that and let me know if you still have problems. 

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

to be shortly - this is the linking problem - pls look at the mkl linker adviser from here http://software.intel.com/sites/products/mkl/. you can find there the list of libraries required for linking .

0 Kudos
Marian_L_
Beginner

Thank you for your answers. I needed to add the linker line and the compiler line in the project's settings:

Now, another error appears:

fatal error LNK1104: Cannot open file"mkl_intel_c_dll.lib"

Which seems ok, since it is located here:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013\mkl\lib\ia32\mkl_intel_c_dll.lib

whereas %MKLROOT%/include points to

c:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013\mkl\include\

Just adding another -I term does not solve the problem. What did I miss?

@Sridevi: Thanks for the solution file - I'm using VS2008, which cannot cope with vcxproj unfortunately.

0 Kudos
Marian_L_
Beginner

Thank you for your responses. @Sridevi: Thanks for your solution file, but I'm using VS2008, which is unable to open vcxproj files.

I added the link line (mkl_intel_c_dll.lib mkl_sequential_dll.lib  mkl_core_dll.lib)  and compiler line ( -I%MKLROOT%/include), but I'm getting another linking error: LINK : fatal error LNK1104: Datei "mkl_intel_c_dll.lib" kann nicht geöffnet werden. (Cannot open file)

The mkl_intel_c_dll.lib is also not located in %MKLROOT%/include (C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013\mkl\include) but in C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013\mkl\lib\ia32\. Is that ok?

0 Kudos
Marian_L_
Beginner

Sorry for the duplicates.

It turned out that I used the wrong entry lines for compiler and Linker lines. I tried to apply these tips:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-to-build-mkl-application-in-intel-visual-fotran-msvc2005

at least for the paths.

Then the project built and I just have to copy the redist DLLs to the projects output directory.

Thanks.

0 Kudos