Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Lapack Diagonalization for Large Matrix

cd1054
Beginner

Hi,

I am working on finding the eigenvalues and eigenvectors of a matrix with dimension 52920. However, when I run the LAPACK routine, my program does not stop running after 16 hours. Do you know what might be wrong? I think there might be an infinite loop that is being entered, but it is difficult for me to track down the problem.

Here is part of my code for reference. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you.

void diagonalize(int D, double* ground_state, double* hamiltonian, double* z, double* w, int* ifail) {

cout << "dimension: " << D << endl;

int matrix_layout = LAPACK_ROW_MAJOR;

int dim = D;

int lda = D;

int ldz = D;

int il;

int iu;

long long int info;

int m;

double abstol = -1;

double vl = 0.0;

double vu = 100.0;

cout << "calling LAPACK..." << endl;

info = LAPACKE_dsyevx(matrix_layout,'V','A','L', dim, hamiltonian, lda, vl, vu, il, iu, abstol, &m, w, z, ldz,ifail);

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
cd1054
Beginner

Thank you!

It turns out that I was just being slightly impatient. The routine completed successfully after ~20 hours. 

-Christina

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PrasanthD_intel

Hi,

There is a dedicated forum for mkl issues(https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-oneAPI-Math-Kernel-Library/bd-p/oneapi-math-kernel-library), and we are redirecting issue to that forum.

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos
cd1054
Beginner

Thank you!

It turns out that I was just being slightly impatient. The routine completed successfully after ~20 hours. 

-Christina

0 Kudos