Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
6426 Discussions

Linker Problem with MKL Fast Poisson solver

Bone__J
Beginner

Hi all,

I am writing a small library for fluid dynamic simulations. I use Qt Creator ( 4.2.1, Based on Qt 5.8.0 (MSVC 2015, 32 bit)) and am compiling with mingw32 on Windows 10. I require the mkl fast poisson library for my solver. I dynamically link the library, and the source compiles, however as soon as I try to call the library I receive the dreaded:

"Intel MKL FATAL ERROR: Cannot load mkl_intel_thread.dll."

error. Apparently this happens a lot with python libraries and appears to generally be an issue with the libraries not being on the PATH. After downloading the newest IntelMKL release (219.3.203) I have already tried the following:

1) Path Variables: ...IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2019.3.203\windows\redist\ia32_win\mkl and

...IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2019.3.203\windows\redist\ia32_win\compiler in PATH. No dice, also:

2) Not in Path: I dynamically link and include the following libraries (some perhaps unnecessary) (mkl_rt, mkl_intel_thread, mkl_core)

Regardless of these two approaches, I always get the error. None of the topics I have thus far found appear to help my case.

Help!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Gennady_F_Intel

just for clarification -- did you linked your application with mkl sucessfully?  In your case you link with

mkl_intel_c.lib mkl_intel_thread.lib mkl_core.lib libiomp5md.lib  from 32 bit of mkl correspondingly?