Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Linker conflict between libmmt and libucrt

Weeks__John
Novice

The basic problem is addressed in this thread:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-c-compiler/topic/622985

I am seeing this problem when using MKL 2019 update 4. The conflict is in linking __ldexp. If I ignore libmmt, then I get an unresolved symbol __pow8i8.

The solution given in the thread at that link is to make sure that the floatingpointmodel setting is the same for both compilers, but since I didn't build MKL I can't control that.

I am using Visual C++ 2015 for the rest of the code.

Is this a known problem? Is there a work-around? Thanks!

-John Weeks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

We are not sure if the issue you raised is similar but in the past another " Link error: _powf already defined in mkl_core.lib "issue was reported into  this thread. We recommended some work-around there. The expected but not confirmed fix of the problem is MKL 2020. 

0 Kudos
Weeks__John
Novice

Thank you, Gennady. Sounds like this problem manifests in a few different ways depending on the particular libraries and functions used. I found that going back to an earlier version of MKL worked for us, and so I can probably wait for a 2020 version. I don't think the suggested work-around would be suitable for us. Another work-around suggested in the link I cited, using /FORCE, worked but gives an unsettled feeling with nasty warnings.

0 Kudos