Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

MKL 11.0 update 1 DGEMM, AVX2 instruction set

Sunggyu_W_
Beginner

* CPU: i7 4770k Haswell

* MKL: 11.0 Update 1

There is a unknown program crash while calling DGEMM function with a parameter for transpose.

So DGEMM ( "N",...) is OK but DGEMM ( "T",...) fails.

AVX2 instruction set running on Haswell CPU is bug suspicious because AVX or SSE2 instruction set runs well.

mkl_cbwr_set(MKL_CBWR_AVX); // code path change

Is there any suitable way to solve this problem?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...AVX2 instruction set running on Haswell CPU is bug suspicious because AVX or SSE2 instruction set runs well. >>... >>...Is there any suitable way to solve this problem?.. Please try to install the latest MKL update from Intel Software Registration Center.
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

fabre,

this is an unknown issue for the team and we would like to recomend you the following steps:

1. Would you please check this problem with the latest update 5? ( version 11.0.5) like Sergey Kostrov have already recommended.

2. in the case if you will continue to see the crash - then could you please give us the example of the code. we will check and investigate the problem on our side and will prepare the fix of the problem as soon as we can.

--Gennady

0 Kudos
Sunggyu_W_
Beginner

My license has been expired and MKL 11.0 Update 1 is the last version that I can access.

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

my previous message was not completely correct - we have met the similar problem which came from our internal testing but not from external customers. This is very similar issue like you reported. The fix of this issue has been available since 11.0 update 2 only. We are very sorry for inconvenience.

Regards, Gennady

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...My license has been expired and MKL 11.0 Update 1 is the last version that I can access. You could try Evaluation version of MKL ( All Updates will be available ) in order to verify that the problem is fixed. Or, you post a test code and why wouldn't you do this?
0 Kudos
Sunggyu_W_
Beginner

It was due to MKL 11.0 Update 1. There is no problem with the latest one.

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

ok, thanks for letting us know about that.

0 Kudos