Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

MKL and Visual Studio express 2013

Benoit_V_
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I'm am trying some of the given FFT examples from the MKL library in C++ and using VS Express 2013 on Windows 7 pro x64.

I linked the my project to the correct libraries and added the needed include files. I get no error from compilation but when the process runs it is exited with ouput 0x01 when going through a MKL function (DftiGetValue(0, DFTI_VERSION, version) for examples).

Has anyone an idea about what I am doing wrong?

Thank you for your answer,

Ben

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

We need some details such as (1) how did you compile and link the example code, (2) what were the compiler options used, (3) did you use the MS or Intel C compiler, and (4) are you building for IA32 or X64?

I think that VS Express uses the same compiler and libraries as those with VS Pro, albeit only a subset of the libraries. I built the example in basic_dp_real_dft_1d.c using the MS 18.00.21005.1 compiler and MKL 11.1, and the example ran with no problems, whether I targeted IA32 or X64, on Windows 8.1-64

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...I'm am trying some of the given FFT examples from the MKL library in C++... Please provide a name of the source file, or upload a complete test solution ( you have it already, right? ) since it will also help to understand what could be possibly wrong.
0 Kudos
Benoit_V_
Beginner

Hy,

Thank you for your replies, I managed to solve my problem... Seems that some of the libraries were not linked properly to my project.

0 Kudos