Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

MKL lib files

JohnZhang
New Contributor I

I am having trouble linking to a C DLL project in Visual Studio 2019, which compiles the static MKL library functions. From the Link line adviser, 3 lib files are suggested for the intel(R)64 architecture: 

mkl_intel_ilp64.lib

mkl_sequential.lib

mkl_core.lib.

I have manually added them to the "Additional dependencies" in the project properties. The DLL project compiles OK. But when I call the DLL function, it always complain about "The specified module could not be found (exception from HResult: 0x8007007E). I have used Dependency Walker to look at the dll file and found it misses some functions as show in the picture. It makes me think if I I have missed any library files?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Are you sure that the library mkl_intel_ilp64.lib is appropriate for your application? That library is intended to be used when integer arguments to MKL routines are 8-bytes long. The library to use when default (4-byte) integer arguments are passed is mkl_intel_lp64.lib (LP, not ILP).

0 Kudos
JohnZhang
New Contributor I

Thanks for the rely. It was specified by the line line tool (see the capture3.png in my post).

0 Kudos
Khang_N_Intel
Employee

Hi John,

First, why don't you try to build the code in from the command line instead of from the IDE to see if the issue is still there.

Second, like mecej4 said, if the integer parameter passing to the MKL functions is 4 -byte long then use LP64 instead of ILP64 (specify the the interface layer as "c API with 32-bit integer")

Third, try it with the latest version of oneMKL, 2021.2.

0 Kudos
MRajesh_intel

Hi,

Can you please let us know whether your issue has been resolved or not?

Regards

Rajesh.

0 Kudos
MRajesh_intel

Hi,

Since we didn't hear back from you, we are closing this thread for now. If you require any additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

Have a Good day.

Regards

Rajesh

0 Kudos