Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Module not found error with mkl_rt

KeithBallard
Beginner

Hello,

I am developing a numerical framework that can use MKL's sparse linear algebra solvers, and I have run into runtime issues after recently upgraded to the oneAPI toolbox (from MKL 2020).

I have build scripts that statically linked mkl_rt.lib into our executables.  With MKL 2020, this worked fine (ensuring mkl_rt.dll could be found in the path).  However, with oneMKL, I am get an error "Module could not be found." on the first call to PARDISO(...).  Of course, mkl_rt.1.dll is in the path and I used Dependencies (GitHub - lucasg/Dependencies: A rewrite of the old legacy software "depends.exe" in C# for Windows devs to troubleshoot dll load dependencies issues.) to ensure that the DLL's are available.  I called "{Intel dir}/oneAPI/mkl/latest/env/vars' with the default parameters, but this does not change the behavior at all.  I should note that this behavior also occurs for the examples included with the toolkit.  Interestingly, if I link against mkl_intel_lp64.lib, mkl_sequential.lib, and mkl_core.lib, then everything works.

Currently, I don't know what to try next to discover what is the issue.  Something is inherently different from MKL 2020 to oneMKL 2021 that I am missing with regards to loading modules with mkl_rt.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Keith Ballard

0 Kudos
3 Replies
GouthamK_Intel

Hi Keith Ballard,

Could you please share the steps to reproduce with commands which you have used for building and executing the project?

>>"I should note that this behavior also occurs for the examples included with the toolkit."

Also, could you please let us know the examples which you have tried in the toolkit and the errors which you are getting? Also, share commands which you have used to compile and run the codes.

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi Keith Ballard,

Reminder: Could you please share the above requested details?

Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi Keith Ballard,

As we have not heard back from you, we are considering that your issue has been resolved and we have answered all your queries. So we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only 

Have a Good day!

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos