Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

OMP - Unresolved Extrenal Symbol

fanfield
Beginner

I am using the IVF Compiler and MKL for Windows for the first time, trying to compile a legacy fortran program for x64. the code has previously been successfully compiled and linked in CVF with MKL for win32and compiles without errors or warnings in IVF. However, it fails to link in IVF.

I have referenced mkl_em64t.lib in the C:Program FilesIntelMKL9.0em64tlib directory (I am usingcalls toCGETRF & CGETRS). I get66 LNK2001 and LNK2019 linker errors regarding unresolved externalsymbols related toOMP_... (e.g. OMP_GET_MAX_THREADS & OMP_IN_PARALLEL) and to _KMPC_.... (e.g. _KMPC_FOR_STATIC_INIT_4).

I suspect I need to include some more libraries, but I am stuck as I don't know whether these will be from Intel or MS VS. The Visual Studio help is useless.

I apologise if this is a trivial question, but then the help never answers the trivial questions!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
If you would set the -Qopenmp option in your VS properties for ifort, then ifort would automatically incorporate the OpenMP library search.
0 Kudos
fanfield
Beginner

Many thanks Tim, for that advice, which cured my problem.

Paul

0 Kudos