Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

PARDISO-Solving a large matrix containing many identical nonzero sparsity structure submatrices

Long_N_2
Beginner

Hi friends,

I am solving coupled problem analysis in FEM. I want to solve a matrix A.x = b, A could be

A = [A11, A12;  A21, A22] and B has a size of [A11, A12]

A could contain 3x3, 4x4...nxn submatrices. The submatrices have the same nonzero sparsity structure (IA and JA). At the moment the solution may be reordering IA and JA from submatrices to a large matrix A to input into Pardiso Solver. However it will increase the storage memory for IA and JA.

It there any way to solve matrix A without reodering IA and JA? As I know multi right hand side method solves the only A matrix with different rhs, it can not apply for this case. Can anyone give me a hint?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alexander_K_Intel2

Hi,

Probably i didn't get your question clearly... You wrote that matrix 2x2 blocked but further said that it is not generally 2x2 blocked, but number of blocks could be bigger - am i correct?

Thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos
Long_N_2
Beginner

Hi Alex,

2x2 blocked matrix is an example for my case, let us solve the problem of matrix A has 2x2 block. If we solve this broblem, we can also solve nxn blocked matrix in the same way.

Thanks for your considering

Long

0 Kudos