Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

PARDISO segfault in 64 bit mode on Mac OS X

Arun_S_1
Beginner

Hi,

I am using Intel MKL version 11.2 update 3 (latest I believe) on Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10.3). Specifically I am noticing that the PARDISO direct sparse solver is crashing in the 64 bit mode (compiled with -DMKL_ILP64 -m64). It runs fine in the 32 bit mode.  My matrix size is 10000 with about 1 million non-zeros. Are there any known issues with the above system configurations ? Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks

Arun

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kenneth_C_Intel
Employee

Hi is it possible for you to submit your issue for us to take a look at?

0 Kudos
Arun_S_1
Beginner

Hi, It is difficult to share the code because of the nature of the project. I am experimenting with dynamic linking if that can help. Will post my findings here in a day or two.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Are you passing 8-byte integer arguments to Pardiso? Do you call pardiso64? What does your code do with the defined macro MKL_ILP64?

Have you tried any of the example programs supplied with MKL that call Pardiso, with 8 byte integers? Doing so may alert you to the issues of passing correctly-sized PT pointer array contents and 8-byte integer arguments.

0 Kudos
Arun_S_1
Beginner

I am using MKL_INT for all my relevant declarations and am letting the MKL macros handle things. It turns out that everything runs fine with dynamic linking but I am having issues with static linking. I found a couple of threads on the MKL forum from 2 years ago that had kind of similar problems. 

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/393920

At-least I am able to run my code and get the answers but wondering as to what might be the reason for this behavior. 

0 Kudos