Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
6437 Discussions

PARDISO segfault in 64 bit mode on Mac OS X

Arun_S_1
Beginner

Hi,

I am using Intel MKL version 11.2 update 3 (latest I believe) on Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10.3). Specifically I am noticing that the PARDISO direct sparse solver is crashing in the 64 bit mode (compiled with -DMKL_ILP64 -m64). It runs fine in the 32 bit mode.  My matrix size is 10000 with about 1 million non-zeros. Are there any known issues with the above system configurations ? Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks

Arun

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kenneth_C_Intel
Employee

Hi is it possible for you to submit your issue for us to take a look at?

Arun_S_1
Beginner

Hi, It is difficult to share the code because of the nature of the project. I am experimenting with dynamic linking if that can help. Will post my findings here in a day or two.

mecej4
Black Belt

Are you passing 8-byte integer arguments to Pardiso? Do you call pardiso64? What does your code do with the defined macro MKL_ILP64?

Have you tried any of the example programs supplied with MKL that call Pardiso, with 8 byte integers? Doing so may alert you to the issues of passing correctly-sized PT pointer array contents and 8-byte integer arguments.

Arun_S_1
Beginner

I am using MKL_INT for all my relevant declarations and am letting the MKL macros handle things. It turns out that everything runs fine with dynamic linking but I am having issues with static linking. I found a couple of threads on the MKL forum from 2 years ago that had kind of similar problems. 

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/393920

At-least I am able to run my code and get the answers but wondering as to what might be the reason for this behavior.