Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Parallel Direct Sparse Solver for Clusters and iparm[30]

Marius_B_
Beginner

Hi,

Does Parallel Direct Sparse Solver for Clusters support iparm[30] for Partial solve and computing selected components of the solution vectors?

It is mentioned in the reference manual , but it also says "iparm[30] - iparm[32] Reserved. Set to zero." 

Non-MPI MKL PARDISO works for iparm[30] 1,2, and 3 but the cluster edition doesn't ? Is this a bug or is iparm[30] simply not supposed to work with the cluster edition?

best,

marius

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kirill_V_Intel
Employee

Hello marius,

It's a bug in the documentation, it should be  "iparm[31]-iparm[33]" for "Reserved. Set to zero". And there is a description for iparm[30] which enables partial solve for the cluster sparse solver. Thanks for noticing it!

Let us know if you encounter any issue when using partial solve with the cluster sparse solver.

Best,
Kirill

0 Kudos
Marius_B_
Beginner

Hi Kirill

Thanks for the swift reply. I tried the partial solve with the cluster sparse solver but it does not work. It only works for 1 MPI process but for 2 or more it does give the full solution.

I attached you my sample program, it is actually just he cl_solver_complex_unsym_f.f example with the corresponding options set.

Best,

Marius

0 Kudos
Kirill_V_Intel
Employee

Hello Marius,

I'm afraid I misled you. Actually, it turned out we don't support partial solve in the Cluster Sparse Solver, so we'll need to fix the documentation (not in the way I originally mentioned). Well, it's never late to learn:)

So, if you need this feature, you can submit a feature request to our online customer center (I hope someone will provide a link there since I don't have it).

Best,
Kirill

0 Kudos
Marius_B_
Beginner

Thanks for letting me, know. Too bad as this is a really useful feature. I will try to submit a feature request.

0 Kudos