Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Pardiso Parallel Problem

pasmey
Beginner
Hello,
I using the commercial FEM software package Abaqus. I wrote a user subroutine in Fortran which utilizes intel pardiso to solve a linear system of equations with one rhs. When I run a simulation with my subroutine on one CPU intel pardiso works fine. But when the Abaqus simulation is run on multiple CPUs pardiso crashes. It seems that calling pardiso from more than 1 CPU does not work. Is there a workaround for this problem?
Thanks,
Pascal
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi Pascal,

It is expecting that pardiso could work within the multithreaded code. If you have any test code that could show the problem that will be helpful for the investigation.

Also, one common usage is that if the application is threaded at the high level, you can disable the MKL internal threaded to avoid the over-threading, which may have the performance penalty. You can link with Intel MKL serial library to use serial code for Intel MKL.

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
yuriisig
Beginner
Recently I am engaged in multiplication of the big sparse matrixes (a solution of the problem lying in a practical plane). Has developed algorithm of multiplication to which on a velocity yet has not discovered analogues: under a concrete matrix the multiplication code is automatically generated. Thus algorithm block and parallelized: almost a perfect analogy with *gemm.
0 Kudos