Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Routines mkl_?tppack and mkl_?tpunpack

Eugene_S_1
Beginner

The documentation reads the following names for these routines (C interface): LAPACKE_mkl_?tppack and LAPACKE_mkl_?tpunpack. However, these names are not defined in the mkl_lapacke.h header file. Instead, LAPACKE_?tppack and LAPACKE_?tpunpack (with no mkl) are defined. If I use these names I get an "unresolved external" error on linking. Manual modification of the aforementioned header file solves the problem. I suggest this header file be fixed accordingly.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

thanks Eugene, we will fix that asap.The workaround you suggested, is also correct. 

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

Eugene, the latest 11.3.3 contains the fix of the problem. Here is the mkl_lapacke.h  from 11.3.3 : 

LAPACK_DECL
lapack_int LAPACKE_mkl_stppack( int matrix_layout, char uplo, char trans, lapack_int n, 
                                float* ap, lapack_int i, lapack_int j, lapack_int rows, 
                                lapack_int cols, const float* a, lapack_int lda );

lapack_int LAPACKE_mkl_stpunpack( int matrix_layout, char uplo, char trans, lapack_int n, 
                                  const float* ap, lapack_int i, lapack_int j, lapack_int rows, 
                                  lapack_int cols, float* a, lapack_int lda );

and etc ......

0 Kudos