Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6956 Discussions

Runtime error in the first example for the Memory Functions

dimdol10
New Contributor I

Hello everyone,

While I was reproducing the result of the first example for the memory functions, a runtime error arose. Please find the source code 'Memory_func_ex1', and the corresponding given document by

Usage Examples for the Memory Functions (intel.com)

After I changing declaration part of the arrays A, B, and C, the code ran without errors. Please find the attached source code 'Memory_func_ex1_rev' of the revised version. 

So, I am wondering if this is really a bug in the given code, or I made something wrong.

The only things I changed from the given code are

- I do not use

INCLUDE 'mkl.fi'

- I chose the following for my 64bit system

INTEGER*8 MKL_MALLOC, MKL_CALLOC, MKL_REALLOC
INTEGER*8 ALLOC_SIZE, NUM, SIZE

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We are working on your issue. We will get back to you soon.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

What Runtime error are You talking about? Could you clarify? I see no runtime problem with this code example.  Running this code main.f90 with Memory_func_ex1.f90 call only, I see no problem.

Here are the logs :

$ ./a.out
DGEMM uses 232271624 bytes in 47 buffers
Peak memory allocated by Intel MKL memory allocator 0
bytes. Start to count new memory peak
After reset of peak memory counter
bytes

Here, I switch on the verbose mode to show MKL version details:

$ export MKL_VERBOSE=1
$ ./a.out
MKL_VERBOSE oneMKL 2021.0 Update 3 Product build 20210617 for Intel(R) 64 architecture Intel(R) Advanced Vector Extensions 2 (Intel(R) AVX2) enabled processors, Lnx 2.20GHz lp64 intel_thread
MKL_VERBOSE DGEMM(N,N,1000,1000,1000,0x7fffd4002df0,0x2b6b92c58080,1000,0x2b6b933fa080,1000,0x7fffd4002df8,0x2b6b93b9c080,1000) 59.31ms CNR:OFF Dyn:1 FastMM:1 TID:0 NThr:44
DGEMM uses 232271624 bytes in 47 buffers
bytes. Start to count new memory peak
After reset of peak memory counter
bytes

-Gennady

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

The original issue has not been confirmed and this thread is closing and we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

0 Kudos