Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Typos in documentation

Marc_L_
Beginner

Hello,

I hope I am not polluting this forum with the following trivialities:

1. Is this the right place to report issues with MKL ?
  2. There is a typo in the documentation of the page "v?LinearFrac" (in Section Vector Mathematical Functions).
    The types of scalea, scaleb, shifta and shiftb are wrong, it should be "float" instead of "float *" (and "double" instead of "double *").
  3. Finally, is it really pertinent to put a "const" in front on non-pointers values (eg. MKL_INT) ?

Source: https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/521774

Best regards,

Marc Lasson.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

Hello Marc,

yes this is the right place to report the issue with MKL.  

You are right, the doc will be fixed.

0 Kudos
Roman_F_
Beginner

Another typo, located in function mkl_?csrcoo, at input parameter job: if job[0]=2 (left square bracket is missing).

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

thanks Roman, we will check this too.

0 Kudos
Marc_L_
Beginner

Another one:

In the page about vslNewStreamEx https://software.intel.com/fr-fr/node/521854, the argument "params" should be of type "const unsigned int *" instead of "const unsigned int" (it is an array).

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Andrey_N_Intel
Employee

Hi Marc, good catch, thanks, we will fix it in one of the next releases. Andrey

0 Kudos
Eugene_S_1
Beginner
I put my remark here to avoid adding a new topic. MKL Feast routines have the following declarations in (dfeast_scsrgv for example): _Mkl_Api(void,dfeast_scsrgv,(const char* uplo , const MKL_INT* n , const double* sa , const MKL_INT* isa , const MKL_INT* jsa , const double* sb , const MKL_INT* isb , const MKL_INT* jsb , MKL_INT* fpm , double* epsout , MKL_INT* loop , const double* emin , const double* emax , MKL_INT* m0 , double* e , double* x , MKL_INT* mode , double* res , MKL_INT* info)) I wonder why is it "mode" and not just "m" as the reference manual reads? Shouldn't the confusing "mode" be replaced with "m"?
0 Kudos