Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Visual Studio 2015 unresolved external symbol _snprintf

Rawlins__David
Beginner

Hi,

My code compiles fine when using Visual Studio 2013, but when converting it to VS15, I get this error:

Error    LNK2001    unresolved external symbol _snprintf    FEBio2    C:\FEBio2_15\VS2013\mkl_core.lib(mkl_aa_fw_device_threading_params.obj)    1

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

This is an unknow issue. Actually VS 2015 is validated in 11.3 and all work fine. Can you give the example to check the problem on our side? 

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Intel people have suggested removing VS2015 and installing from scratch rather than trying to deal with the in-place upgrade scheme. Although I have a better than average USA internet connection, this will take a day or two.

Microsoft have suggested opening up the VS2015 Modify after a partial upgrade and completing addition of the offered Windows Kit \10\ if it shows such an option.  In my experience, this doesn't solve the problem of the LIB and INCLUDE environment variables remaining on older Windows Kit \10\ folders which have been cleaned out.  You can copy items back into the folders which are shown in the environment variables if you like.

0 Kudos
Roman_D_Intel1
Employee

Which MKL version do you use? MKL is compatible with VS2015 only starting from 11.3.

0 Kudos
Rawlins__David
Beginner

Thanks for all the comments.  We've decided to stick with VS10 and VS13 for now.

Dave

0 Kudos