Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6974 Discussions

different BLAS and LAPACK functions between OpenMP and Intel TBB

semihfk
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I generate a C code from my simulink model. That works fine. I also call the BLAS and Lapack libraries from Intel oneAPI MKL in simulink model in order to speed up the matrix operations as much as possible. But I noticed some BLAS functions are not used in C code. They are level 1 and 2 BLAS functions. The level 3 BLAS functions are successfully used in C code.

My simulink model includes some matrix-vector multiplications, vector additions and scalar-vector multiplications as well which require BLAS functions to be used for level 1 and level 2. The BLAS functions cblas_dgemm and cblas_dtrsm as well as the Lapack function lapacke_dgetrf work well.

About this issue I read in the Intel MKL Developer Guide that the usable functions are different in threading with OpenMP and Intel TBB. There are no the Level 1 and Level 2 functions threaded with Intel TBB. I got it from that that I should use OpenMP in order to use these functions as well.

My question is whether the compiler used in matlab has any influence on it. If so, which compilers should I use? I have been using the microsoft visual c++ 2019 compiler in matlab.

What should I do to use BLAS level 1 and 2 functions as well?

I would be grateful for any advice. Thanks.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
NoorjahanSk_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Since this is a duplicate thread of

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-oneAPI-Threading-Building/Intel-oneAPI-MKL-BLAS-and-LAPACK-functions/m-p/1346041/highlight/true

We will no longer monitor this thread. We will continue addressing

this issue in the other thread

Thanks & Regards,

Noorjahan.

0 Kudos