Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

illegal value in DESCINIT and PSGESV

Arrigoni__Viviana

I am new to scaLapack and I am trying to execute the program ex1.c in this link:

http://geco.mines.edu/software/mkl/index.shtml

when I run it, these two messages are printed: "DESCINIT parameter number 9 had an illegal value", "and PSGESV parameter number 1 had an illegal value". 
I don't see why those values are illegal, can someone help? Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

Are you talking about psgesv.f90 example?   How did you build this case and how did you run then?   Do you still use MKL v.11?

0 Kudos
Arrigoni__Viviana

No I am talking about ex1.c. The program doesn't take any input, all variables are defined within the main. I simply compiled it using mpiicc as follows:

mpiicc  -DMKL_ILP64 -I${MKLROOT}/include ex1_scalapack.c -o ex1_scalapack -L${MKLROOT}/lib/intel64 -lmkl_scalapack_ilp64 -lmkl_intel_ilp64 -lmkl_sequential -lmkl_core -lmkl_blacs_intelmpi_ilp64 -lpthread -lm -ldl 

Since the code is designed to run using 4 processing cores, I ran it as:

mpirun -np ./ex1_scalapack

the program prints the two error messages that I said in the first post. 
Thank you!

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

What version of mkl did you try?

0 Kudos
Arrigoni__Viviana

It ought to be MKL 2018.5.274, I am working on a cluster.

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

The latest available version is 2019 u3. Usually we post the announcement of the latest release on the top of this forum:https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-math-kernel-library/topic/805788

Yes, we will check your case with this latest update.

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

meawiile , can quickly check if the problem still exists in the case if you will use LP64 API instead on ILP64?

-lmkl_scalapack_lp64 -lmkl_intel_lp64 -lmkl_sequential -lmkl_core -lmkl_blacs_intelmpi_lp64 -lpthread -lm -ldl 

0 Kudos
Arrigoni__Viviana

Yes! Thank you very much :)

0 Kudos