Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

libmkl_lapack95_lp64.so is missing

fittineh
Beginner

At least 1 shared object is missing from /PSXE2018.0.4/mkl/lib/intel64/. In particular, libmkl_lapack95_lp64.so, is missing; libmkl_lapack95_lp64.a exists but is meant for static linkage and does not have position independent code enabled. There may be other shared objects missing but so far this is the only one that has prevented me from building a product. Note that this problem appears in the PSXE2018, PSXE2018.0.4, PSXE2019, and PSXE2020 compilers.

Error I receive when I run the compiler. 

/PSXE2018.0.4/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_lapack95_lp64.a(dgelsd1.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MRajesh_intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query.

As per the latest MKL documentation " The objects in Intel oneAPI Math Kernel Library static libraries are position-independent code (PIC), which is not typical for static libraries", so try using the latest version of MKL.

Try using libmkl_lapack95_lp64.a as a libmkl_lapack95_lp64.so file using the custom shared object builder.

Link: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/onemkl-linux-developer-guide/top/linking-your-application-with-the-intel-oneapi-math-kernel-library/building-custom-shared-objects/using-the-custom-shared-object-builder.html

Please let us know if you have any issues.

Regards

Rajesh.

0 Kudos
MRajesh_intel

Hi,

Can you please provide any updates regarding your query?

Regards

Rajesh.

0 Kudos
MRajesh_intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Regards

Rajesh.

0 Kudos