Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

linking nonlinear least square routines

leo-11
Beginner
Hi,

I want to use the nonlinear least square routines in C such as dtrnlsp_int (latest MKL libraries that come with ICL11.1.38).

I have used the link advisor tool (Windows/IA32/Intel compatible/static/sequential) which suggests to use the four libraries mkl_solver_sequential.lib, mkl_intel_c.lib, mkl_sequential.lib, and mkl_core.lib.

However, doing so results in a bunch of link errors of the type

multiply defined symbol _dtrsm_ln_by_4 in mkl_core.lib and mkl_core.lib ...

How can I resolve the issue? Actually I am confused because the 'multiply defined symbols' seem to appear in the same library, see error message above...

Thanks a lot
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ArturGuzik
Valued Contributor I
Quoting - leo-11
Hi,

I want to use the nonlinear least square routines in C such as dtrnlsp_int (latest MKL libraries that come with ICL11.1.38).

I have used the link advisor tool (Windows/IA32/Intel compatible/static/sequential) which suggests to use the four libraries mkl_solver_sequential.lib, mkl_intel_c.lib, mkl_sequential.lib, and mkl_core.lib.

However, doing so results in a bunch of link errors of the type

multiply defined symbol _dtrsm_ln_by_4 in mkl_core.lib and mkl_core.lib ...

How can I resolve the issue? Actually I am confused because the 'multiply defined symbols' seem to appear in the same library, see error message above...

Thanks a lot

You probably link to something else (other portion already linked with mkl?). The link (you provided above) produces correct exe. The only thing is that Link Adviser seems to be out of touch with the newest version as (I believe) the mkl_c.lib is gone.

A.
0 Kudos