Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6977 Discussions

mkl_blas_dgemm_copya_ext_htn function not found in mkl_core.dll

aurora_s
Beginner
Hi,
I'm having this problem with Intel Compiler 11.1 at runtime. However, the program ends fine.
MKL linking libraries:mkl_intel_lp64_dll.lib mkl_intel_thread_dll.lib mkl_core_dll.lib
Other general compilation flags:/O3 /Qip /Qprec-div- /QxSSE4.2
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Murat_G_Intel
Employee
Hi,

Could you please tell us the MKL version that you are using? Do you see the same problem if you compile your application without the other compiler flags that you've mentioned,particularly /Qip and /QxSSE4.2.

Thank you for reporting this issue,

Efe
0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi,

Does system have multiple version of Intel MKL installed? If so, please make sure the application find the correct copy of mkl_core.dll libraries.

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
aurora_s
Beginner
Yes, I had 10.2 and 10.3 installed. I've uninstalled Intel Compilers XE (Fortran and C++), MKL, and so on and it worked. The thing is that dependency walker was telling me that the mkl used by the program were the ones in the same directory of the executable (10.2, just what I want to).
If I distribute the application to a client, how I can be sure that he doesnt have another version of mkl installed and it will occur the same error?
0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
One safeguard is the recent change in the place where MKL is installed, with the compiler and MKL directories grafted together, especially when the MKL comes bundled in the compiler installer.

You can also call the mkl_get_version() function at the beginning of your program and provide a warning if an improper version is being used.

0 Kudos
aurora_s
Beginner
Hi,
So its not safe putting the mkl files all together with the executable to distribute the app to a client? Which is the most used way to distribute applications which use mkl libraries?
0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
What is more problematic is the likelihood of the client having parts of the MKL and IFort runtimes as a side effect of an earlier installation of either the compiler itself or a product such as yours. If the likelihood exists, your installer could issue messages at installation time; a later installation of something else could create problems, however. Your application could check for version compatibility, and if appropriate display messages, at run time.
0 Kudos