Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6956 Discussions

mkl_sparse_convert_csr and mkl_sparse_convert_bsr

Meng__Xiangyi
Novice

Hello,

I used to assemble a sparse matrix in COO format. When I use  mkl_sparse_convert_csr/mkl_sparse_convert_bsr to convert to CSR/BSR format matrix, is the column index in increasing order per row automatically, which is required by PARDISO solver? I have tested a simple example, the answer is yes, but I don't know if it is always in increasing order. Anybody can help me? Thank you in advance. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Meng__Xiangyi
Novice

Thanks for your answer and extra advice! However, it seems that mkl_sparse_order only supports CSR format, hope it will also support BSR format I the new MKL version.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kirill_V_Intel
Employee

Hello!

Yes, the two converters always sort the column indices in increasing order.

As a side note, you can turn the matrix checker in PARDISO if you want to catch this in runtime (if matrix is not coming from the converter and you are not sure about whether it is sorted). Also, we have a separate routine mkl_sparse_order if you want to sort the indices (for example, if you get the matrix as a result of sparse matrix-matrix multiplication from old SpBLAS).

Hope this helps.

Best,
Kirill

0 Kudos
Meng__Xiangyi
Novice

Thanks for your answer and extra advice! However, it seems that mkl_sparse_order only supports CSR format, hope it will also support BSR format I the new MKL version.

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

in the case, if you are interesting to see BSR matrix format support, then you need to submit the Feature Request to the Intel Online Service Center

0 Kudos