Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6977 Discussions

numerical integrator dodesol_mk52lfn and tolerance

Brian_Murphy
New Contributor II

I am using dodesol_mk52lfn as a replacement for the Gear numerical integrator in the IMSL.  dodesol_mk52lfn has a tolerance input argument, ep, which I do not understand.  dodesol_mk52lfn output matches IMSL quite well with ep on the order of 0.1 to 1.0, whereas it seems that this argument ought to be on the order of 1e-6.  For instance, the example problem in the documentation uses ep=1e-6 and says this produces accuracy of "about 5%".

ep DOUBLE PRECISION

(input) Relative error tolerance, which must be small enough. The code cannot ensure the requested accuracy for ep<1.d-9. This parameter is used to control the step size.

Thanks,

Brian Murphy

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

Brian, may be would be better to post such question to the imsl forum? https://forums.roguewave.com/forumdisplay.php?110-IMSL-Numerical-Libraries.

0 Kudos
Brian_Murphy
New Contributor II

But my question is about the MKL routine, not about the IMSL routine.  I need help with the MKL routine.  What the documentation says about the "relative error tolerance" is not consistent with the results I get using the routine.  Is it possible the "relative error" is defined in a non-standard way?

0 Kudos