Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

parallel / multi-threaded ILUT and FGMRES

Marla_S_
Beginner

Hi,

I'd like to learn if there is multi-threaded and/or parallel (mpi) support for ILUT/FGMRES in intel MKL and/or intel MKL cluster edition. I have read in a few posts that this solver might not be available in parallel for some previous versions, I want to know whether it is available in the latest versions of MKL, and what versions if any support this solver in parallel.

Thank you

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alexander_K_Intel2

Hi,

Currently fgmres/ilut supported in MKL only in sequential mode.

With best regards,

Alexander Kalinkin

0 Kudos
Zholobenko__Wladimir

Hello,

is it still true that FGMRES is only supported in sequntial mode? Which to my understanding means that all risks of its application with MPI is up to the user? Hence, there is no iterative solver library in MKL which is intended for usage with MPI?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

yes, this is still relevant the latest version( MKL 2019) too. FGRMRES supports the sequential mode only and both of mkl iterative solvers are intended for smp mode only. 

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

In the case you really need MPI versions of these solvers, then please submit the Feature Request to the Intel online service center. 

0 Kudos
Zholobenko__Wladimir

Thanks for the information and the advice! I will consider submitting the request, but also look for other solutions meanwhile.

0 Kudos