Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6980 Discussions

pardiso: mkl_sequential work fine, but mkl_intel_thread crashes

Alexey1978
New Contributor I

Hi all.

When solving some system with mkl, pardiso I've encountered with the problem: mkl_sequential work fine, but mkl_intel_thread crashes.

Software: MSVC2019, QT 5.15, win 10 x64, mkl 2021.3.0

Number of nonzeros in factors = 6944972

Number of factorization MFLOPS = 13133

libs:  -lmkl_intel_thread_dll -lmkl_core_dll -lmkl_intel_lp64_dll -llibiomp5md

function call: PARDISO (pt, &maxfct, &mnum, &mtype, &phase,
&n, a, ia, ja, &idum, &nrhs, iparm, &msglvl, &ddum, &ddum, &error);

Debugger

1 RaiseException KERNELBASE 0x7ffddc13d759
2 mkl_serv_getenv mkl_intel_thread_1 0x7ffd4b8975c8
3 mkl_serv_getenv mkl_intel_thread_1 0x7ffd4b89c9af
4 mkl_pds_lp64_pds_get_num_threads mkl_intel_thread_1 0x7ffd4aef9dbd
5 mkl_pds_lp64_pardiso mkl_core_1 0x7ffd45d20438  

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alexey1978
New Contributor I

I think the problem is solved. I'have added libiomp5md.dll  into folder with exe file and now it works well.  So, such strange behavior was connected with absence of libiomp5md.dll. But it works only in 2021.2.0. Not in 2021.3.0.

Thank you very much,

Alexey

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

As per system requirements Qt is not supported.

Please refer the below link for system requirements of Intel oneMKL 

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/oneapi-math-kernel-library-system-requirements.html

We tried running a sample pardiso code on our end using command line on windows with the libs which you have mentioned (libs: -lmkl_intel_thread_dll -lmkl_core_dll -lmkl_intel_lp64_dll -llibiomp5md) and we could not reproduce the issue.

You can make use of link line advisor for intel mkl

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/oneapi/components/onemkl/link-line-advisor.html

Could you please try compiling the code on command line and see if it works

If the issue still persists please provide us a sample reproducer so that we can work on it from our end.

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos
Alexey1978
New Contributor I

Thank you, Vidya.

As I realised that mkl_sequantial goes well with MSVC2019 in win 10 and works fine.

Am i right, that MSVC2019 is not good compilier for using  mkl_intel_thread and I need

Intel® C/C++ Compiler  or Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler ?

I try to use openMP, so TBB is not installed.

thank you

0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi Alexey,

It works with intel compiler as well as Microsoft compiler.

We tried with CL compiler (Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 19.28.29910) on command line and issue is not reproducible. 

Could you please provide us the version of MSVC2019 compiler ?

So we suggest you to try the same on command line and see if the issue still persists.

Here is the command we used to compile the code on command line (Please make sure that oneAPI environment is initialized on command line. You can initialize by running setvars.bat which is present in oneAPI directory)

CL mkl_intel_ilp64_dll.lib mkl_intel_thread_dll.lib mkl_core_dll.lib libiomp5md.lib /DMKL_ILP64 -I"%MKLROOT%\include" pardiso.cpp

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos
Alexey1978
New Contributor I

Hi Vidya,

I have made several experiments with example code pardiso_unsym_complex.c using command line CL (MS version 19.28.29912 x84, mkl 2021.3.0).

1. If I use mkl_intel_lp64_dll.lib instead of mkl_intel_ilp64_dll.lib in command line - it crashes as above.

(CL mkl_intel_lp64_dll.lib mkl_intel_thread_dll.lib mkl_core_dll.lib libiomp5md.lib -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\mkl\2021.3.0\include" pardiso_unsym_complex.c)

2. If I use mkl_intel_ilp64_dll.lib but without command /DMKL_ILP64 - it doesn't crashes, but ERROR during symbolic factorization: -1(CL mkl_intel_ilp64_dll.lib mkl_intel_thread_dll.lib mkl_core_dll.lib libiomp5md.lib -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\mkl\2021.3.0\include" pardiso_unsym_complex.c)

3. If I use mkl_intel_ilp64_dll.lib but with command /DMKL_ILP64 - it crashes

(CL mkl_intel_ilp64_dll.lib mkl_intel_thread_dll.lib mkl_core_dll.lib libiomp5md.lib /DMKL_ILP64 -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\mkl\2021.3.0\include" pardiso_unsym_complex.c)

Thanks,

Alexey

0 Kudos
Alexey1978
New Contributor I

But sequential lib mkl_sequential_dll.lib works fine and solves the system

CL mkl_intel_ilp64_dll.lib mkl_sequential_dll.lib mkl_core_dll.lib libiomp5md.lib /DMKL_ILP64 -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\mkl\2021.3.0\include" pardiso_unsym_complex.c

0 Kudos
Alexey1978
New Contributor I

I think the problem is solved. I'have added libiomp5md.dll  into folder with exe file and now it works well.  So, such strange behavior was connected with absence of libiomp5md.dll. But it works only in 2021.2.0. Not in 2021.3.0.

Thank you very much,

Alexey

0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi,

>>I think the problem is solved,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved.

>>But it works only in 2021.2.0. Not in 2021.3.0

We tried it with MKL 2021.3.0 version and the compilation is successful. Please find the below screenshot in which the compilation is successful (without getting crashed) and .exe file got generated.

VidyalathaB_Intel_0-1631616709246.png

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos
Alexey1978
New Contributor I

Hi, Vidya.

Thanks, I have the same.

Alexey

0 Kudos
Alexey1978
New Contributor I

Hi,

the  problem is fully solved. With libiomp5md.dll it works well on both 2021.2.0 , 2021.3.0 

Thanks,

Alexey

0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved.

If you need any additional information from intel please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Have a Good day!

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos