Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6975 Discussions

problem when use large memory and MKL poissson lib.

Chang_Lei
Beginner
The system environment is Intel XeonE5450,16GB memory,Redhat Enterprise Linux 5.2,Intel Fortran Compiler 10.1.
I thought I have use the right compile option as follows:

"ifort -mcmodel=medium -shared-intel mkl_dfti.f90 mkl_poisson.f90 ...myprogram.f90 -L/opt/intel/cmkl/9.0/lib/em64t/ -lmkl_em64t -lguide -lpthread -lm "

however, after giving vetorize information,these errors are present:

/opt/intel/cmkl/9.0/lib/em64t//libmkl_em64t.a(_d_commit_helmholtz_3d_fb.o): In function `d_commit_helmholtz_3d_':
_d_commit_helmholtz_3d_iface.c:(.text+0x4a): relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_PC32 against `.bss'
_d_commit_helmholtz_3d_iface.c:(.text+0xcc): relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_PC32 against `.bss'
_d_commit_helmholtz_3d_iface.c:(.text+0xe5): relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_PC32 against `.bss'
_d_commit_helmholtz_3d_iface.c:(.text+0xfe): relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_PC32 against `.bss'
_d_commit_helmholtz_3d_iface.c:(.text+0x10a): relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_PC32 against `.bss'
/opt/intel/cmkl/9.0/lib/em64t//libmkl_em64t.a(_d_helmholtz_3d_fb.o): In function `d_helmholtz_3d_':
_d_helmholtz_3d_iface.c:(.text+0x4a): relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_PC32 against `.bss'
_d_helmholtz_3d_iface.c:(.text+0xcc): relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_PC32 against `.bss'
_d_helmholtz_3d_iface.c:(.text+0xe5): relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_PC32 against `.bss'
_d_helmholtz_3d_iface.c:(.text+0xfe): relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_PC32 against `.bss'
_d_helmholtz_3d_iface.c:(.text+0x10a): relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_PC32 against `.bss'
/opt/intel/cmkl/9.0/lib/em64t//libmkl_em64t.a(_d_init_helmholtz_3d_fb.o): In function `d_init_helmholtz_3d_':
_d_init_helmholtz_3d_iface.c:(.text+0x4a): additional relocation overflows omitted from the output

I know this problem is about MKL, because when not link it I can allocate memory bigger than 2G( even to 16G) with no problem.

Any suggestionis much appreciated.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel
Lei,
Yes, you are compiling by the right way, but the version of MKL 9.0 did'd suppot Integer8 to adress huge data arrays.
Therefore, there no way to resolve the problem you reported.
You can evalaute the latest MKL to work with this problem.
Please see here the link to the latest MKL 10.3 beta program.
--Gennady
0 Kudos
Chang_Lei
Beginner
Thanks.
I note MKL 10.3 is a beta edition.
Can non-commercial edition 10.2 or other edition of MKL support Integer8 adress?
Best regards.
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
yes, 10.3 beta supports exactly the same features wich are supporting in GOLD versions.
0 Kudos
Chang_Lei
Beginner
Hi~
Could you please give anexplanation to GOLD versions?
Can Intel Cluster MKL 10.0.010 support Integer8 address?
With best regards.
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

Yes, Integer8 is supported in MKL v10.0 also. Se ILP64 libraries for that. It should be noted thatstarting with Intel MKL 10.0, we have merged these two versions of MKL ( Intel MKL for SMP systmes and Intel MKL Cluster Edition ) and therefore Scalapack and Cluster FFT functionalities were included into one package.

--Gennady
0 Kudos